M8 sold out

Olsen

I'll be flying into Oslo next week to vacation in Norway for a couple of weeks ... maybe I'll bump into one of you gents as I make my way around the city. Cheers.

Kurt

You are very welcome and hopefully you'll enjoy visiting Oslo

And it would be fun to bump:)

So. 'passport' is just for accidental cover? If not then the 1 year you mention is at odds with the two year warranty that Leica UK told me this week.

The M8 comes with a two year international warranty as standard - this is the same wherever you buy the camera. In addition to this, Leica UK provide a one year accidental damage Passport warranty. Where the confusion may have arisen is that the usual Leica UK passport warranty for lenses and M bodies is two years. When it came to the M8, Leica UK decided to be stingey and only provide it for one year.

There is no passport on the M8, is there?

I was wondering about the mention of the passport. I bought the M8 in France and only had the usual warranty form that I would have to send in if something went wrong with proof of purchase. I didn't have any "Passport" or even a card to register the camera or lens with Solms. Is there somewhere on the Leica web site where I could register the camera in case of theft or loss? I couldn't see any possibility.

EDIT: I just saw some responses on the passport issue so that is clear, but any info on registering would be welcome.

Martin