What fast 1.4 lens works on the Leicaflex without aperture ring problems

AdamSinger

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Advice please, I have a Leicaflex. I am under the impression that 3 cam lenses (except 24 mm ) will work with it.

I find that on later (but non rom ) lenses the aperture ring is stiff as it rubs against the camera. I tried a 1.4 85 and it was hard to turn the aperture ring, like wise a 3 cam 1.4 50mm.

Put on a SL2 battery cover didn't help

No problem with my early generation 50m cron. Am I doing something wrong?

So the question is there a 1.4 lens for the Leicaflex I can use without this sticky aperture problem

In advance thanks

Adam

Edited by AdamSinger

I have both the early (series filter) and a later 55 mm filter 50 Summilux-R lenses, and both work on my Leicaflex (v2) and Leicaflex SL without the aperture ring touching. I don’t have the last Summilux (60 mm filter) which may not work.

On the Leicaflex both lenses come very close to the battery cover, but don’t quite touch on my camera. It’s possible some battery adapters may cause the cover to stick out farther.

Yo Leica Yoda: Picky picky , you know what I meant, I will abase myself by saying 5 hail summiluxs, and clean the marmite smudge off my Leica Lens Compendium by the sainted Erwin

Good! Just 5 hail summiluxes?! Make that 10!  :p

• Like 1