LEICA 240 LIVE VIEW SCANNING LIGHT?

eliu37

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Just got a Leica 240, bought used. 

I took photos this afternoon under natural light and did not notice any issues. 

However, when I took indoor under fluorescent light at night, the scanning lights (I meant scanning lines?) shows up and very annoying. 

Does anyone know if it is normal? Or how do I fix it in the setting? If it is an issue, I should return it. 

Let me know thank you  :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by eliu37

Welcome to the forum!

This will be the frequency of the fluorescent light tubes (affected by the Hz of the electricity supply where you are - probably 50/60Hz)  interfering with the refresh frequency of the rear screen.

So long as the actual images recorded do not show the interference lines, then there's no problem. It might be a little annoying when using Live View, that's all.

Yes, perfectly normal, fluorescent lights flicker and although it usually isn't noticed they do cause a strobe effect and that is what you are seeing on your LCD as the refresh rates are out of sync. Some people can be sensitive to the flicker. 

• Like 1

Thank you guys, the frequency is the first thing come up to my mind. I thought will only appear in the video recording. 

It does not show up in my sony a7II live view at all. Is that because Leica live view works a different way?

Edited by eliu37

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank you guys, the frequency is the first thing come up to my mind. I thought will only appear in the video recording. 

It does not show up in my sony a7II live view at all. Is that because Leica live view works a different way?

Different refresh rate, I suppose.