My M8 seems to require repair. Take a look

Raid Amin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I see a vertical line at the edge of the left side in each image today. Is it sectors that died, and should I contact Leica NJ to repair it? It is a faint line.

The purple tint is from using the 16mm Hologon.

Is there a program for remapping the sensor?

L1022679-X2.jpg

L1022704-X2.jpg

I appreciate your advice on what to do. The M8 may not be worth repairing if it takes many months and if it costs a lot of money.

I recall having read that Leica may repair it for free or for a small amount of money if it is a few dead cells.

Edited by Raid Amin

@ Raid, I know this vertical orange line also from my M8.2
There it is right in the middle, so I thought it was the border between the two sensor halves.
It will be visible at higher ISO values in front of white backgrounds and only when done in Photoshop some crop magnifications and contrast increases.

No, it is not a new issue online, but it is a new issue for my M8.2.  Thank you for the information.

I've got a line as well on my M8.2 (plus a few other dead/hot pixels). I've been thinking about sending it in but I don't fancy spending another load of cash on a Leica repair.

Is there any point to sending a photo to Leica in these cases? I would have thought that this problem was obviously a dead pixel issue. And that being the case, the camera has to go back for remapping.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've got a line as well on my M8.2 (plus a few other dead/hot pixels). I've been thinking about sending it in but I don't fancy spending another load of cash on a Leica repair.

Is there any point to sending a photo to Leica in these cases? I would have thought that this problem was obviously a dead pixel issue. And that being the case, the camera has to go back for remapping.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It is always a good idea to send a file to Leica in cases like this, if only to find out if a repair is economical. 

• Like 1