M8 fans : Now i need help

Guest guy_mancuso

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well most of you know i went to Germany on the Leica/Porsche tour and it was a great holiday for me and i shot my tourist stuff and was not very serious about shooting and was there for fun and help other folks along the trip. Well just got a note from Leica that the folks on the trip have a chance to submit some photos for a exhibit in NY at the Tourneau Watch store for 2 months. Leica is sponsoring along with Porsche a watch fest in October.

Okay most of the folks on the tour are LUF members. So i need some help to pick 5 of my best shots that represent German life and 15 of the Porsche shots which i really did not shoot much of . But for fun I thought maybe some folks would like to help me and pick 5 of my best shots. I hate editing my stuff to get finals. But last night not knowing about this i opened a Zenfolio account and loaded 450 images up there from this trip for my friends to see. There ALL shot with the M8.

Now i rarely ever ask for help and normally i would not ask for it now but it's summer and it's boring and i thought this maybe fun. If not delete the thread or move to somewhere else. also I have 3 days to submit this.

here is the link to the images http://guymancuso.zenfolio.com/p508652211/

just pick 5 and i will figure out the most popular . I know for a fact there is (2) I really like

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest guy_mancuso

Good Point Steve Let Me See If I Can Do A Good Edit Up There On Zenfolio. I Just Loaded Everything Not Knowing Of This.

Oop's Caps On ,sorry

Impossible! There are just way too many great shots there to pick just 5. However, given the theme of German life, here are 5 I'd pick (although I would probably change my mind if I went through them again).

46, 102, 234, 309, 313

Bill

Guy

I have just spent a very pleasant half hour going through your Zen portfolio...I now see your problem as I would'nt like to pick out the "winners" either as they are all winners in my book!

If I was pressed, then the image of the little dog in the cycle basket, the boy looking in the fountain pool and any one from the cycle race sequence stick in my mind.

I wish the lens identity and F number were in the exif data as well!

A terrific advert for the M8 but more than that a thunderous applause for a very talented photographer. Well done Guy, I think I will now go back for another look!

By the way, I wonder how often you longed for a zoom lens?

Sheesh, Guy, will ya give a sucker an even break?!

I've just been through the original 450 only to find that it's been cut to 425 so the numbers I'd selected have changed. So I spend time finding them and adjusting the numbers only to find that you've cut it to 111 and the numbers are way out again!

Before it changes again my selections are: 8, 69, 73, 92, 107. :D

Pete.

No problem and my pleasure, Guy.

The difficult part is only choosing five and I know if I looked back again I'd change my mind. So I won't. But these are the ones that struck me as quintissentially German although I suspect that our German friends might think that they present a chocolate box image of their beautiful country so thay may not be pertinent to the exhibition. Who knows? :o

Pete.

Guy, I looked through the original 450 about 2 hours ago before this post was up. It was very enjoyable.

Here are the picks from the edited 111: 42, 69 or 70, 78, 99, 101. Plus you might need an image of one of the castles.

From the original series, which is now down to 119, I also really like Nos 174 & 175 (originally Nos 200 & 201). Very striking images.

Send me an invite to the exhibit. I live in NYC so I will come for sure.

Tomorrow I will send you 5 different picks. LOL

Good luck with it!

Guest licht

399, 414, 404, 322, 289, 278, 217, 166, 87

But mabe my favorites are worth nothing as I am not at the level of Irving Penn or Avedon ... :eek:

Been reading this with interest and maybe i just don't fit in on many of the responses. First i only look at the M8 forum and maybe browse a few other select sections of the forums. I do not however look in the photo forum. One is i don't have the time nor energy to do so. I post a lot and really have to stay focused on what is in my mind important to me and also to help others with regards to there gear and how to get the most out of it. Most if not all images i post are with technical information the Germany trip was somewhat a little off that because of my limitations with the internet connections and did not jump into each shot with what gear or how i did it' date=' so that one was a little maybe outside of what i normally do otherwise it will have something related to the hardware or the software of the M8 but also if you look at the hits the Germany trip has taken , it is very apparent to me folks are more interested in stuff like that overall. With that being said i still think and again against the grain that we should post M8 images in the m8 sub-section which i also think that is misnamed but it is not my forum so i will leave that topic out of it. But folks are interested in the M8 images and not trying to pat myself on the back but when i start a thread yes it is usually popular because one it is interesting, it has photos and it tells a story . Plus there is something one can learn. i truly think folks are interested to see what a M8 can do or not do be it artistic or not. Also i don't post in the photo forum where my work will be judged, for me lets face it i will not listen to anyone unless they are truly a great photographer on the level of Irving Penn , Avedon or someone that has earned there way to the top or from paying clients but that is me others have interest in hearing from others , i do not. That is not trying to be a snob or anything like that just don't have the time for it either. My world in photography is to make money, it is my business and i just take a completely different view of this. i do take advice on other issues and appreciate anyones help there but i am not here to be judged on my work but to help others enjoy what they use and what they shoot. Like i said from the start i just look at this differently than most people. i really don't need to be here to make money or learn so much, although I do but i am here to enjoy others and help them. My take is every Pro should give something back to what made them successful in the market and not to look down on others with snide comments or make them feel any less of a shooter but to help them grow. If you notice i never ever tear anyone down and never talk down to them in a normal conversation and i don't think any Pro should. i admit i have my moments if i am being challenged or something like that from the peanut gallery but overall this is a nice forum where folks want to help one another and maybe the real reason i am here.[/quote']

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m8-forum/28556-about-posting-images-here-2.html#post299396