Vario Elmar 55-135 out of stock everywhere

sshire

Whatever supply was left by the T/TL/TL2 users has been completely absorbed by CL users. So yes, very high demand. The production issue is that they did not make enough. Until Leica contracts a new production run from Japan, what is available now is limited to the used market.

I just picked up one off ebay today. Gotta look every day. Also picked up the 11-23. My usual source Leica Miami has not had any all summer it seems and they have no idea when they will have any. They know only when a shipment shows up.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have been looking for this lens ( 55-135) for few months and it was in back order everywhere. 

A few days ago, thanks to a good friend who informed me, I was lucky to find one on "Fred Miranda" site for a very decent price. It was unboxed, but without any wear and totally like new. :)

Edited by Louis

The good folks at B&H Photo told me they expected to be able to ship the T11-23 lens on October 4. That was a couple of weeks ago.

That would be good. Hopefully Leica can get production ramped up to meet demand for the lenses soon. I also would not mind them coming out with a 11 mm f2 or 2.8 lens for low light settings.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess and hope, with the hot success of Leica Half frame format after adding CL and TL2, Leica will upgrade all TL/CL zooms to F2.8/4 to match the SL line.

I aways found the TL zooms  too slow, indeed.  But the problem of a faster glass is, I believe, the increase of the size. The beauty of TL zooms is being compact. That said, I think it would be nice to have  both, fast and slow, glasses available for different needs. No need to mention that SL glasses also work on CL and some people may not find them comfortable on small CL cameras.

I aways found the TL zooms  too slow, indeed.  But the problem of a faster glass is, I believe, the increase of the size. The beauty of TL zooms is being compact. That said, I think it would be nice to have  both, fast and slow, glasses available for different needs. No need to mention that SL glasses also work on CL and some people may not find them comfortable on small CL cameras.

Exactly as I feel.