Should the image threads of TL and CL be merged? Vote here !

jaapv

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should the image threads of CL and TL be merged?

• yes
    • no
    • don't care

Rob, sorry if I am not always clear. English is not my mother language. :)

I allowed myself to make that suggestion because the issue was merging two forums, and I was just imagining the kind of crowd we may have. lol

In that case, pages may jump,to new ones several times a day and not allowing us to enjoy many shot. :)

I was thinking the same thing as Rick and Louis.  

Why not merge the photo threads?  Same sensor.  Oftentimes, the same T/TL lenses. Same adapters and same lens options.

Rob

I agree as well! It’s a pain to keep looking in two forums for pictures with essentially the same equipment.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks for the explanation, Louis.  I think I better understand now what you mean.

As far as flooding goes, I don't see anyone doing that here.  In fact, images (and links) posted by several of the regular forum participants, yourself included, often leave me wanting to see more.

CL with Summilux-R 50mm E55 . . . 

attachicon.giframbu.jpg

Yes, Rob, absolutely!  As an aside, there are many fewer T posters compared to CL posters. 

Rob

Different lenses, different perspective and/or different DoF, note sure where it comes from but i don't take the same pics with my FF and crop cameras so i see little point in merging FF and APS images personally but i'm a gear oriented forumer. Now between CL and T/TL/TL2 images, merging would not bother me if the exif data were available easily. 

Nobody is considering merging ALL image threads from the dedicated forums. This is purely about CL-TL.

If you wish to post an image irrespective of (Leica) gear we have the photoforums.

I also read through several camera-specific image threads.  I like having them separated, since a camera is more than lens and sensor.  How you see and frame an image, the reaction time in focusing, all matter.  It is useful to see the different preferences that people develop.

• Like 3

I have no problem with TL/CL merged photo thread, but I would like to see exif info if at all possible.  

Perhaps build in a photo template for that information?  I know, it seems unnecessary, but it might serve as the reminder for posters to fill that information in.

Edited by ropo54
  • Like 2

Haven't read the entire thread, and don't own a TL but it seems from what I know about it, the user interface is considerably different. It doesn't make sense to me, regardless of the lens sharing. Besides, many people don't even use TL lenses on their CL other than what came in the kit. Nobody here has said they bought body only. 

I am strongly in the camp of NOT merging. I probably won't come as often if it were, as I would have to sift through information that isn't applicable to my camera. At least as it stands now with threads including both cameras. 

Haven't read the entire thread, and don't own a TL but it seems from what I know about it, the user interface is considerably different. It doesn't make sense to me, regardless of the lens sharing. Besides, many people don't even use TL lenses on their CL other than what came in the kit. Nobody here has said they bought body only. 

I am strongly in the camp of NOT merging. I probably won't come as often if it were, as I would have to sift through information that isn't applicable to my camera. At least as it stands now with threads including both cameras.

I've said I bought the CL body-only several times. I own and use only M and R lenses on the CL.

Simple solution: click on any red CL tag and the forum will only display CL-tagged threads

• Like 3

If votes could be weighted by the amount of image content posted by each voter, I'd bet the outcome would top 80% to the "aye" side.

Whatever the outcome, I suppose I'll find what I want to find.

Somebody said nobody here bought the CL body only?  I did, although I don't see what difference it would make in the forum structure.

Edited by tritentrue

Haven't read the entire thread, and don't own a TL but it seems from what I know about it, the user interface is considerably different. It doesn't make sense to me, regardless of the lens sharing. Besides, many people don't even use TL lenses on their CL other than what came in the kit. Nobody here has said they bought body only. [...]

I have in other threads i believe. I use M and LTM lenses only on my CL. I have several R lenses as well but i prefer small lenses on small bodies. Anyway let me take an example. I bought recently a 7artisans M lens that i like much. I wrote a little review that was aimed at CL users in the first place but it could interest TL users as well eventually. Same for the pics i could take with it. Same format, same mount, same lenses, same adapters, little reasons to split even if i will never buy a camera sans built-in viewfinder but it's just me. I would just prefer that CL and TL images are not merged if exif data are not easily available on the forum.