Should the image threads of TL and CL be merged? Vote here !

jaapv

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should the image threads of CL and TL be merged?

• yes
    • no
    • don't care

It will close on September 8th.

I might add that we will need a clear majority to change the status quo.

Sorry, I think I was not clear. I ment this thread comes as new over and over, even after visiting it several times..... As we discussed it before, I have the same issue with some other threads!...

Actually, "we" don't need a clear majority to do anything on the site. Andreas needs to feel that there is a reasonable consensus that will like what he does, that's all. I'm sure the site has vastly more subscribers than can be represented by the six to sixteen that have commented on this thread... :D

Forums like this are not a democracy or follow the rules of representative government. They're simply the expression of a particular person or small group of persons who run them and make all the decisions, and then implement them as they see best fit.

Edited by ramarren

It will close on September 8th.

I might add that we will need a clear majority to change the status quo.

But you didn’t seek a majority vote to change the previous “status quo”, or, indeed, any vote at all. Just a few opinions expressed for a change.

Tim

It was announced by Andreas quite a while ago, everybody had the chance to voice their opinion and I saw precious few objections;  however, in the end Andreas decides. It is an owner-run forum, not a democracy.

This is a poll, not a vote.

In the end the moderators and Andreas will use the result as advice for their decision. If there is no clear majority either way, it will be inconclusive.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sorry, I think I was not clear. I ment this thread comes as new over and over, even after visiting it several times..... As we discussed it before, I have the same issue with some other threads!...

Perhaps every time a vote is cast the forum software treats that as a new change. 

• Like 1

I remember seeing an article about painters and watercolourists. Each work of art equates to a focal length, say from renaissance with foreshortening equatable to ultrawide, to early 20th century more standard to mild telephoto. The forum members show these preferences in their lens choices, and it would seem logical to merge two cameras with identical internal parameters, to see these borne out side by side. It would strengthen the CL/TL system versatility to the outside world as well, so we can all carry on buying new Leica stuff in the future !

• Like 4