Should the image threads of TL and CL be merged? Vote here !

jaapv

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should the image threads of CL and TL be merged?

• yes
    • no
    • don't care

I would happily merge the threads if the members so decide, but I am not convinced there is consensus.

I was thinking the same thing as Rick and Louis.  

Why not merge the photo threads?  Same sensor.  Oftentimes, the same T/TL lenses. Same adapters and same lens options.

Rob

Edited by ropo54
  • Like 2

As has been said before the CL is a totally different camera to the TL and needs its own page, potentially the CL could replace the M series if it went full frame!

David

But it is not full frame!  (When it goes full frame, that's a different proposition). At the moment:  same sensor, same T/TL lenses, same adapter and 3rd party lens options!

• Like 3

When I'm look8ng at photos, I don't care what camera made them. UNLESS the photos are intended to be specifically indicative of a particular camera's advantage or foible. Then it's important to distinguish the source of the photos and the configuration you are trying to illustrate.

This should be common sense. ... photos should be presented by image category in a gallery area, or in general forums (like the "Fun with..." equipment-specific threads on other forums). There shouldn't be a need to segregate photos by format, lens types, etc ... although providing such technical specifics as an adjunct to the photographs makes good sense on an equipment-oriented photo forum like this one. :D

• Like 2

But it is not full frame!  (When it goes full frame, that's a different proposition). At the moment:  same sensor, same T/TL lenses, same adapter and 3rd party lens options!

to me, sensor size is an irrelevancy. . I judge output quality which is as close to Leica’s FF offerings as to make no difference. DOF? Frame a bit tighter or use a faster lens. Noise? A non-issue.
  • Like 2

Photography is all about what is included in the frame.

We are painting with light, in slivers of time, within the frame of our Image.

In viewing other’s photographs, we become aware of the frame and the way the elements within interact. I look at other photographer’s work because I know it will enhance my own Photography. It has little to do with the camera and far more to do with photographic vision.

Given the majority of similarities that the CL and TL2 share, it seems nonsensical to split up the Image pages.

Sincerely,

Rick Perry

• Like 4

No. I prefer the CL to be separate. I am still learning what this particular camera is capable of.

It really helps to know what camera and lens are used. Just my personal opinion but I eagerly read daily to

learn specifically about the CL. I use native TL,M, and Nikor lenses.

Cheers,Dan

I was thinking the same thing as Rick and Louis.  

Why not merge the photo threads?  Same sensor.  Oftentimes, the same T/TL lenses. Same adapters and same lens options.

Rob

The only issue I can see ( as I already discussed with Rick) is with the crowd of the two forums combined, the shots will sinck and disappear very fast, as will each page.

If they are merged, I hope that every body would post as many shots they wish in one single post instead of creating one post for each shot. This is only a matter of respecting other posters in my opinion. :)

• Like 5

There is only 500 kB/1000 kB per post I f you are posting at a decent quality, that is one image per post. The only way to avoid it would be to link to something like Flickr. However, we encourage posters to keep within the forum limits and oversized posts may well be deleted.

• Like 1

There is only 500 kB/1000 kB per post I f you are posting at a decent quality, that is one image per post. The only way to avoid it would be to link to something like Flickr. However, we encourage posters to keep within the forum limits and oversized posts may well be deleted.

Exactly! I encourage everyone to have a storage site from where you can use a direct link and post as many photos as you wish in the same single post. I am myself using zenfolio where I can create galleries and from where, I can post pictures in LUF!

Exactly! I encourage everyone to have a storage site from where you can use a direct link and post as many photos as you wish in the same single post. I am myself using zenfolio where I can create galleries and from where, I can post pictures in LUF!

But, if moderation notices that you are displaying more than the forum limit by embedding, the post will be deleted.

But, if moderation notices that you are displaying more than the forum limit by embedding, the post will be deleted.

You can still have the permitted size limit and post several shots since you are not attaching each shot individually, but using the link of the shot. The link direct you to the shot that is posted elsewhere and not in LUF. Many people who have a site with storage where they can get a direct link do that.

As an example: https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/279062-leica-cl-the-image-thread/?p=3581994

Edited by Louis

Either way is fine with me. Regardless of structure, I usually manage to scroll through all of the APS-C, SL, medium format, and R images.

Chacun à son goût, Louis! ;) I don't mind the forum image size limits and it makes no difference to me whether someone links to ten images in a single post or makes ten consecutive posts, each with a single image. I enjoy all of 'em!

I suppose I could use my website to link to larger images, but, for me, uploading directly to LUF keeps it simple and enjoyable.

CL with 50mm Summilux-R E55 . . .

attachicon.giflumcl.jpg

Rob, maybe I did not express my comments clearly. This is not a question of image size, or taste. In order to avoid the over posting and completely screwing up the forum, I was suggesting to post the links of the photos in the same post when we have several shots at the same time, instead of attaching several shots in several posts. Doing this, allows us to share several shots in the same post and keep their size and IQ without shrinking them and without reall flooding the forum ;) My point was to post links instead of attaching when we have several shots at the same time. :)

This is what I mean; these are not attached, but I am only using links: https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/279062-leica-cl-the-image-thread/?p=3581994

Edited by Louis
  • Like 1