T/TL/TL2 Questions - and answers

Advertisement (gone after registration)

In the end I have decided to give myself the leather strap that Leica has for this Model 18575 camera and I have taken the black color, it is beautiful and for my taste it looks good, to be able to place it I have had to buy the 2 connectors.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2019 at 8:26 AM, ropo54 said:

Congratulations on your choice!

The visoflex will greatly aid in shooting images outdoors and in obtaining precise focus with manual focus.

The T 18-56 is an excellent all purpose lens.

The case is nice to protect the camera, but I always prefer to have ones with battery doors.  

I like having the glass protector to protect the rear screen from scratches over time.

So . . . you have to invest in everything! :D

I would certainly put on the glass protector. My 6 month old TL2 screen already lost some of the antiglare coating. The technician told me to put in on so it looks new again which is true but we should have all been warned at the time of purchase, in my opinion.

Edited by Slerts
  • Like 1

• jaapv changed the title to T/TL/TL2 Questions - and answers
  • jaapv unpinned this topic

Voy a hacer una consulta que al principio parece muy básica pero no lo sé por el momento. Disculpe mi ignorancia.

Con el adaptador Leica de M a T, dicen que incorporan un sensor para las lentes M codificadas con 6 bits, quiero probar algunas lentes muy antiguas que no llevan esa codificación.
¿Cuáles son las diferencias que encontraré en TL2, con estos objetivos que no tienen codificación de 6 bits, con respecto a los que sí tienen?

Gracias por la ayuda.

20 minutes ago, Dopaco said:

Voy a hacer una consulta que al principio parece muy básica pero no lo sé por el momento. Disculpe mi ignorancia.

Con el adaptador Leica de M a T, dicen que incorporan un sensor para las lentes M codificadas con 6 bits, quiero probar algunas lentes muy antiguas que no llevan esa codificación.
¿Cuáles son las diferencias que encontraré en TL2, con estos objetivos que no tienen codificación de 6 bits, con respecto a los que sí tienen?

Gracias por la ayuda.

Please use English; this is an international forum, and not every member understands Spanish.

You will not encounter any difficulty, but there will be no lens recognition in EXIF, nor any lens profile (which will probably not exist anyway) applied.

2 hours ago, Dopaco said:

Hello, once again I'm sorry, I wanted to have written this, but I should have copied the text in Spanish

"Voy a hacer una consulta que al principio parece muy básica, pero no lo sé por el momento. Disculpe mi ignorancia.

¿Cuáles son las diferencias encontradas en TL2, con estos objetivos que no tienen codificación de 6 bits, con respecto a los que sí tienen?

Gracias por la ayuda.".

Hello, once again I'm sorry, I wanted to have written this, but I should have copied the text in Spanish

"I'm going to make a query that at first seems very basic, but I don't know at the moment. Sorry for my ignorance.

With the Leica M to T adapter, they say they incorporate a sensor for 6-bit M-encoded lenses, I want to try some very old lenses that don't have that encoding.
What are the differences found in TL2, with these objectives that do not have 6-bit coding, with respect to those that do? "

Thanks for the help.

Thanks Jaap, you've already answered me ...

I've been testing with old targets and everything was the same as 6-bit ones, only that EXIF data lacks information.

Edited by Dopaco
  • Like 1

Google spends surprises to me, there are times that I pass the text in English and before saving it, it translates it into Spanish. I must pay more attention. Thank you for your patience and endurance.

Hello, I have for TL 2 the Objective TL 18-56 f3.5 5.6 and I think that without being a bad objective it is not one of the best.

Which TL objective would you recommend as the next step?

By size, I like 18 mm or 23 mm, although the range is covered with 18-56, unless the benefits of these two lenses have very significant differences in the image quality they provide.

Thank you.

I would recommend the 35/1.4 because the wide aperture is so useful for portraits.  But if you want something in wide angle, perhaps explore some of the 12mm and 15mm lenses discussed previously in this thread.  15mm for example will give you just under 24mm equivalent of 'full frame' cameras.

BTW I have just added the 18-56 and I think it is surprisingly good.  Under most circumstances it concedes little if anything to the 35/1.4 but the wider aperture of the 35 can be useful.   Both the 18 and 23 are good for compact setup when you want to travel light, e.g. just with a large coat pocket.  I own the 23 and would say its performance is quite similar to the 18-56 at 23.   If that's true for you, then buying it only gets you one extra stop of aperture.

Edited by rob_w
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, rob_w said:

@rob_wThanks for the tips and comments.

I bought the used 18-56 lens, and the internal operation is good, but externally it has signs of having used it a lot and with little care. (small scratches, some wear, etc.). I think that is the main reason why I don't like it, although all its internal functioning according to its characteristics is perfect.

I had planned to sell this one and later buy a new or new one.

He had commented on 23 mm and 18 mm for its size and aesthetics.

For portraits, I am testing the Summicron M C40 f2 lens that I had for my M8 and that in TL2 (in manual and without 6 bits) is not bad and the results seem good.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

As always any advice or suggestion is appreciated.

regards

Looks like a lovely setup Dopaco.  I think your 18-56 deserves an upgrade if it is too shabby to encourage you!

The 40mm is a classic.  I switched to the CL because I have eye problems and can no longer manual focus reliably.  So for me the TL35, with autofocus, was essential.  I am still getting to grips with autofocus, and grumbling sometimes, but the lens itself is exceptionally pleasing to use.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/11/2019 at 12:32, NigelG said:

Recientemente descargué la aplicación "Leica TL2" de la AppStore y funciona bien en iOS 13 en un iPhone SE que es lo mismo internamente que un iPhone 6 AFAIK.

Solo lo usé para extraer algunas imágenes jpeg que necesitaba, pero parecía conectarse para el control de la cámara / visor virtual, etc.

@NigelG

In App Store there is no application "Leica TL2", "Leica Photos" appears, which is what I have on the iPhone 6.
Do you know if there is another application after "Leica Photos" ?.