I love my T/TL/TL2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My tl2 with 50mm f2.8

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

how did u install does straps? need some help to change the original rubber straps

My apologies for thr delay. Being on a long trip and not having a computer with me, I have not been checking all the threads on my iPad.

You can buy lugs from Leica with which you can use your own straps.

https://www.google.com/search?q=strap+lug&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari&dlnr=1&sei=SEwhWpWKD-eZjwSb66GYDQ#dlnr=1&imgrc=oqmmrwZ1NkM1MM:

Edited by Louis

• 1 month later...

Here's mine. Looking to upgrade it to the TL2 (with all this investment made)

Edited by JC Exec
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the Zeiss 35 f 2.8 mounted on the TL2. A great combination in my estimation.  Please excuse the low res Ipad photo.

Edited by RickP
  • Like 3

Accessory strap lugs by Leica, with conventional holes (for fitting any strap with rings) cost £30. The camera comes with two keys to release the provided strap: pop one into the holes and this releases the strap lugs. The accessory item, L18807, does not include the relevant key!

Edit: hadn't spotted that your query already answered……..

Edited by microview

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK - I'll bite!

This Leica TL2 does everything that I need a camera to do.  I have been a photographer for many years  (60 or so) both professionally and as an avid hobbyist. I have used equipment ranging from 4x5 view cameras up to most of the present models by, Sony, Olympus, Fuji and Leica.  As many of you have also experienced,  I managed to suffer through the birth of Digital cameras  and ended up with a really nice kit that does what it is supposed to do!

Basically, this particular ‘crop sensor’ camera yields all the resolution and image quality I need.  It is relatively small, lightweight, easy to carry, extremely well built and I personally like its styling also.   In addition, Leica was smart enough to allow us to use a variety of other lenses besides the wonderful TL lenses available.  I personally enjoy shooting manual focus with Zeiss ZM, Leica M and Voigtlander M mount lenses.

As most of you know the TL2 shares both sensor and processor with its running mate the CL. ..  therefore  the resulting images are really quite stellar depending upon lenses used and ability of the photographer to realize his or her Photographic Vision.

I hope that this new combined forum does not descend into – ‘My camera is better than yours’  but rather a place where photographers can learn from each other and celebrate the fact that we have access to one of the finest photographic systems in the World.

Sincerely,

Rick Perry

• Like 2

Here it is with my favorite lens - the Zeiss 18mm f4 ZM ..btw, the leather case is by Luigi.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...