Q traded for CL... incoming!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I’d be interested in seeing some comparison shots from the Q and the CL. THe images I’ve seen so far from the CL look a little soft, maybe from the zooms? Curious how the primes resolve. I have the Q and I haven’t seen a decent side-by side comparison. Curious about the CL but if I do get one, I don’t think I will give up the Q.

I’d be interested in seeing some comparison shots from the Q and the CL. THe images I’ve seen so far from the CL look a little soft, maybe from the zooms? Curious how the primes resolve. I have the Q and I haven’t seen a decent side-by side comparison. Curious about the CL but if I do get one, I don’t think I will give up the Q.

As for the CL, the DNGs should be used and processed - actually the same is true for the Q. I used to be a huge fan of the Q, which surprisingly now gets little use, I still have it. Maybe the CL files need a tiny bit more processing, but it is an extremely versatile camera. Colors are rather natural, even in JPGs, but it may be a matter of taste. I sometimes find the Q files too contrasty and oversaturated, but of course that is a matter of the settings. The CL sometimes produces a slight color cast shifted to magenta, above all in low light. As with almost all digital cameras strong reds can be problematic. Combined with M and R lenses, the CL is a real winner.I absolutely love the Summarit-M 1:2.5/90. Edited by EUSe

Just a follow up...

I am very happy with my decision to get the CL.

I started with the 18... but just added the 23.

I really loved the Q...but find the CL truly a pleasure to use as well. The ability to change lenses, which obviously was not possible with the Q is excellent.

The 23 will be my walkaround lens... and I will likely sell the 18.

I find the IQ outstanding...and the size is fantastic.

Several people on this forum have even sold their SL's in favor of the CL. I am not ready to do that yet, but I can certainly understand why.

As for processing... I don't see much difference, as all my images require processing.

23 @ F2 today...

23-4.JPG

• Like 2

Just a follow up...

I really loved the Q...but find the CL truly a pleasure to use as well. The ability to change lenses, which obviously was not possible with the Q is excellent.

Several people on this forum have even sold their SL's in favor of the CL. I am not ready to do that yet, but I can certainly understand why.

As for processing... I don't see much difference, as all my images require processing.

23 @ F2 today...

23-4.JPG

Great image - brilliant mug, I want one.  I'm not one for using four letter words, but in this case it's vital.

Edited by Boojay
  • Like 1

Just a follow up...

23 @ F2 today...

23-4.JPG

Wow, the IQ is really really excellent.  That's got my interest level up.  I love the Q and would probably never give it up, at times I would like something with some longer focal lengths.  I like the idea of the CL and couple of the primes.

Looking for link for you to order one...

My friend designed them.

Message me or post it - one will be ordered.  Lost my Mom to breast cancer, my husband had horrendous battle with cancer but thankfully is ok just now, my Dad, had bowel cancer, so many people I love been touched with horrible disease.

• Like 2