CL EVF image jiggle, delay...

yst

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I wonder anyone knows about the image delay and jiggling when panning the CL, I find the image delay/jiggling is very sever, therefore, it is only suitable for stationery type of photograph, not at all moving images, or tracing a subject...    

Do your CLs have this issue, or it is a setting issue? 

Or it is because that I am only able to use M-lenses?     

Edited by yst

In lower lighting circumstances, such as low light itself or when the lens is well stopped down, the EVF effective refresh rate slows down and displays less frequently which can cause a 'jumpy' display. Also, when using a telephoto lens, actual movement of the lens moment to moment can cause the display to be jumpy because the lens movement is faster than the refresh rate. This latter effect is more pronounced as the focal length becomes longer, without an image stabilized lens.

So: keep your lens opening large and stabilize the camera and lens when using longer lenses. I don't hand-hold much over a 135 mm lens.

At least if you stabilize the camera well enough, you can see clearly for focusing accurately in very low light.. something which cannot be said for either RF or reflex cameras. In normal use, there should be no jitter evident, short of using lenses longer than 90mm.