7artisans 35mm F2 on the M10 - review by Mike Højgaard

imikeh

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all - Here's my review of the 7artisans 35mm F2 - give it a read and let me know what you think - thanks :) 

https://neue.pink/7artisans35mmF2review

Best, Mike Højgaard, Copenhagen

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by imikeh
  • Like 3

Thank you for this review. My lens cap is not much more loose than Leica's and its better place is in the bag or a drawer as usual. Distortion remains reasonable when 6-bit coding is on. It is not a lens i would advise for film due to the lack of coding then. My sample is accurate enough on the M240 so i did not have to use the little screwdriver for focus adjustment. Only serious con is flare when strong light sources like the sun are just outside the frame. A built-in hood would probably do nothing against that. I have bought a vented hood on e**y which is useless for that and a larger B+W rubber hood that is a bit more efficient but adding some more shade with the hand or a hat may be advisable for contre-jours. Very good little lens otherwise. I use it with pleasure when i need more acutance than that of my Summicron 35/2 v4 and a smaller bulk than that of my Summicron 35/2 asph, i.e. on the digital CL preferably where flare is easy to control thanks to the EVF. I did not try the lens on other mirrorless cameras though. 

Other reviews:
Couple of pics with the digital CL: 
Edited by lct
  • Like 1

Thank you for this review. My lens cap is not much more loose than Leica's and its better place is in the bag or a drawer as usual. Distortion remains reasonable when 6-bit coding is on. It is not a lens i would advise for film due to the lack of coding then. My sample is accurate enough on the M240 so i did not have to use the little screwdriver for focus adjustment. Only serious con is flare when strong light sources like the sun are just outside the frame. A built-in hood would probably do nothing against that. I have bought a vented hood on e**y which is useless for that and a larger B+W rubber hood that is a bit more efficient but adding some more shade with the hand or a hat may be advisable for contre-jours. Very good little lens otherwise. I use it with pleasure when i need more acutance than that of my Summicron 35/2 v4 and a smaller bulk than that of my Summicron 35/2 asph, i.e. on the digital CL preferably where flare is easy to control thanks to the EVF. I did not try the lens on other mirrorless cameras though. 

Other reviews:
Couple of pics with the digital CL: 

Yes I like it too :) Thanks for your feedback! Nice to see the diversity in reviews too.