Finally I Disabled annoying auto review after 3.0 firmware !!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

After the firmware 3.0 me and some other  Q users found the gift that doesn't  allow to disable the auto review of the photos, a very annoying (and useless!!) function. I personally could not work anymore. Today I found the way to disable this trouble!

It is enough shoot with a slow burst. In this way the burst is not fast and so you can take one picture at a time, but you disability can disable auto review of the picture in EFV or LCD

If you do not hold down too much the burst does not start, or you take some more photos than necessary,  but at least the vision in the viewfinder remains fluid. Always hoping that with a firmware we can get back to the truth auto review OFF, like before.

Try!

ben

Edited by benpisati

After the firmware 3.0 me and some other  Q users found the gift that doesn't  allow to disable the auto review of the photos, a very annoying (and useless!!) function. I personally could not work anymore. Today I found the way to disable this trouble!

It is enough shoot with a slow burst. In this way the burst is not fast and so you can take one picture at a time, but you disability can disable auto review of the picture in EFV or LCD

If you do not hold down too much the burst does not start, or you take some more photos than necessary,  but at least the vision in the viewfinder remains fluid. Always hoping that with a firmware we can get back to the truth auto review OFF, like before.

Try!

ben

this seems like the only :) and best option at the moment...

better than nothing..

of course I must continue to live with the idea that my iphone does not have the auto-review and my Q yes....

Apple will probably add that mandatory "feature" on your next iphone (must keep up with the latest features from the most advanced cameras). :rolleyes: 

• 3 months later...
On 8/27/2018 at 5:42 PM, benpisati said:

I don't understand: in the FW3 menu Auto Review, you can set Off, 1s, 3s, 5s, Permsnent.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

23 hours ago, LexS said:

I don't understand: in the FW3 menu Auto Review, you can set Off, 1s, 3s, 5s, Permsnent.

The "Off" is not a true off.  Instead it is a "On until you completely release the shutter".  The image taken will persist in the EVF or on the LCD until you completely let go of the shutter button.  It may not be an issue for you, but a lot of photographers (me included) have relied on pressing and holding the shutter to minimize camera shake.  It has taken some time to get used to this new firmware behavior.

On 11/29/2018 at 4:05 PM, kismetsky said:

The "Off" is not a true off.  Instead it is a "On until you completely release the shutter".  The image taken will persist in the EVF or on the LCD until you completely let go of the shutter button.  It may not be an issue for you, but a lot of photographers (me included) have relied on pressing and holding the shutter to minimize camera shake.  It has taken some time to get used to this new firmware behavior.

I just made a test : I don't have this problem, the "off" is a true "off" even if I don't completely  release the shutter button.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have  the Q-P w/3.0 firmware and with auto review turned off you will see the image you just shot in the viewfinder if you keep the shutter button pressed down. This is not an issue for me as I release the shutter button after I make the exposure and do not see the preview. If I want to see the preview I just hold the shutter release down - if not then I just release after the shot with no preview.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xlh said:

I have  the Q-P w/3.0 firmware and with auto review turned off you will see the image you just shot in the viewfinder if you keep the shutter button pressed down. This is not an issue for me as I release the shutter button after I make the exposure and do not see the preview. If I want to see the preview I just hold the shutter release down - if not then I just release after the shot with no preview.

Indeed, in Q and Q-P when autoreview to 0: on the screen and in the viewfinder you only see the picture if you don't release the shutter, otherwise there is no image. 

Edited by LexS

8 hours ago, xlh said:

Ok... try to take picture with slow shutter speed, in this situation you don't release the shutter suddenly to avoid blurry photos. And more try to take more picture, one after the other,  there will always be a moment when you see the photo you just took, even just for a second, but the viewfinder is no longer fluid. I did not dream of this problem, I have been working with Q since 2015, before firmware 3.0, off was OFF. Then they have it become a fake OFF. On the Q2 indeed they put it back, also in SL they fix it, not on Q or QP. It was enough to add the auto preview function until pressed, without disabling OFF...

Edited by benpisati