Dropped my M10...

daviden

Guest tofu_man

one of my photography mates dropped his Monochrom into the Mekong near Phnom Penh a while back.

It's still there.

11°33'29.4"N 104°56'31.5"E if anyone wants to dive for it ;)

• Like 2

I have a hand grip bottom plate that I can use while I wait for a new regular one.

I've been eyeballing the handgrip bottom plate for the silver m10. Do you know if it is made from brass like the factory top and bottom plates? I've looked around everywhere and can't find any information about the build material. 

I've been eyeballing the handgrip bottom plate for the silver m10. Do you know if it is made from brass like the factory top and bottom plates? I've looked around everywhere and can't find any information about the build material. 

No idea actually, but it's built like a tank. Adds a lot of weight...

So, this is maybe not a subject to discuss, I just need some comfort and sympathy.. :)

I hope that my insurance will take care of this.

Was fixing with my bag in one hand, M10 in the other... All of a sudden, the M10 looses balance and falls to the asphalt from waist height. Had my 50mm Summicron on it.

The sound of the camera hitting the ground, and I feared the worst. I picked it up, didn’t find a scratch on it ...except on the bottom plate. It cracked and probably took the whole hit. Nothing else scratched or broken.

The camera works without any problems at all, and luckily enough - I have a hand grip bottom plate that I can use while I wait for a new regular one.

oFsz2fx.jpg

MoGd4Rs.jpg

I know the feeling of dropping a Leica on a personal level twice. I wish you the best. 

I use the grip for M10. I have the leather half case but just prefer the grip for, well...... grip!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2