Dog harassing Rider

newnew

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Trying to take some pictures of beach riders yesterday morning, I had pretty standard stuff till the moment where ...

an unleashed dog (unauthorized on that beach)- probably a british shepherd- leaving the orders of her blond mistress, started to bark and turn around the horses. He got chased by this rider who was a good one, probably a Polo rider and had to leave the scene after some turmoil, with no damage to any of the parties.

MP240 with Summicron 50 v4

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

Whenever an ill-mannered dog approaches me in such a harassing way, I would direct my horse upon the dog in full gallop. When boldly charged this way, any dog will show the white feather and run off. It's fun for the horse and a lesson for the dog ... and sometimes for the dog's owner, too.

He got chased by this rider who was a good one ...

In the picture, the rider looks more scared than the horse and seems to have lost control of the situation—totally contrary to what you describe. Don't you have any pictures of that scene where the rider doesn't seem so freaked-out?

Edited by 01af
  • Like 1

Thanks for your comment. The rider behaved exactly as you described. He was the leader of a bunch of about 10 riders and chased the dog. I posted that picture as this was the first attack. My other pictures were less photographic and more informative. Here is one that shows the dog is being chased around.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1