M10-P - No Instruction Manual In the Box

MarkieC

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just picked up my M10-P yesterday.  Imagine my surprise when I realized that a manual was not included.

I paid $7,995 for a camera and Leica would not include a printed manual.  Of course I can go online and print it myself, but the end result will not be the same.

On Leica's website there is an option to fill out a form and eventually a printed manual will be mailed to me.

What arrogance on Leica's behalf!  It's an outrage.

Mark

• Like 2

I just picked up my M10-P yesterday.  Imagine my surprise when I realized that a manual was not included.

I paid $7,995 for a camera and Leica would not include a printed manual.  Of course I can go online and print it myself, but the end result will not be the same.

On Leica's website there is an option to fill out a form and eventually a printed manual will be mailed to me.

Mark

Oh, when Canon started that practice . . . 

The CL didn't have one either.

It's the way the world is going - saves a few forests (unless you print it).

I'm happy with it - I tend to use the manual just to look up specific issues, so a pdf is fine for me. The M series are pretty intuitive anyway.

One could still order a printed copy, per the Leica site... scroll down...

http://us.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-APS-C/Leica-CL/Downloads

Jeff

• Like 1

Guest Nowhereman

Arrogance? Outrage? No, it's just the digital age. For many people it's a lot more convenient to have a PDF manual whose text is searchable: much easier to find what you want to know this way. Also, if you travel with a computer, you'll always have the manual with you. 

Alone in Bangkok essay on BURN Magazine

Nowhereman Instagram

Advertisement (gone after registration)

No need to print it...I cant imagine ever needing it after the initial reading. Your better off digging in a figuring it out anyways, the camera is quite simple. Leica manuals are not known to be anything special, especially the english versions.

Besides reading thru it online before the camera arrived, Ive never read an M manual after that.

Of course I can go online and print it myself, but the end result will not be the same.

• Like 1

Leica cameras don’t need as extensive instruction manuals as other cameras:

1. To set the aperture, turn the aperture ring on the lens.
  2. To set ISO, turn the ISO wheel.
  3. To set the shutter speed, turn the shutter speed dial.
  4. To set focus, turn the focus ring on the lens.
  5. To take a picture, press the shutter button.

The rest is up to you. Enjoy!  :p

• Like 1

Mark

Welcome to the Forum. Always good to start on a possitive note. 

• Like 5

I load the PDF manual into my smart phone so I always have it with me.  But I don't remember a time when I needed to refer to my Leica manual while on a shoot.  

That is what I did too. If needed I have the manual with me all the time.

Manuals are not what Leica considers ":essential."  Check the PDF for peculiar English constructions and possible misspellings or untranslated German before worrying about asking for your nicely printed copy with shiny black covers.  And see if there is anything that you really can't figure out with the camera in your hand...

What a tough crowd.

Thanks for making me feel so welcome after my first post.

Mark

Like many forums this one has a section where you can read the general rules for participation and it's polite to post an introduction to say hello before you start posting questions/opinions.

Trolls and spammers tend not to bother.