M240 vs M240 M-P general operational speed

JC331

I had a 240 and upgraded it to the M-P.

I found that in street photography, the 240 would hang regularly when shooting in rapid succession. This hasn't happened at all with the M-P.

I also think that the M-P is significantly better looking than the 240.

Ernst 

I had the same experience with my M240.  It would freeze up if I made 4-6 single frame exposures in quick succession (I never used continuous shooting mode). 

Sometimes I would have to turn off the M240 and wait; other times I would have to turn off the camera, unscrew the base plate, eject the battery, reinstall the battery, reattach the base plate and restart the camera in order to clear the freeze-up.  When you are doing street or documentary photography, that kind of hoopla really is intolerable.  The 1 GB buffer is just too small. 

When the M-P 240 became available, the 2 GB buffer immediately caught my eye.  I wanted the lens preview lever too, which was missing from the M240.  The absence of the red dot didn't hurt either, not that I would buy/not buy an M camera because of the red dot on the front. I upgraded to the M-P 240 and the freeze-ups I had with the M240 promptly disappeared.  

For an extra 200 shekels, I would opt for the M-P 240; if it has been ridden really hard, I'd hold out till I found one in better condition.  The upgrades to the M-P 240 compared to the M240 are not just cosmetic; the 2 GB buffer makes the camera much more responsive and usable.  That has been my experience.

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Like 2