Does anyone know a Leica store in Prague?

rob_w

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Will be visiting next week and would like to call in to check on cameras and lenses while I have time off work.  There was, apparently, a Leica Boutique back in 2012 but I cannot find anything now unless there is a third-party Leica retailer.

Anyone know?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.  I did visit and they have an excellent range of photo books as you say.  Prices were higher than I expected (marginally higher than London, for example) but even so an impressive collection of new and used equipment.  As I visit Prague regularly I will drop in whenever I am there, now I know the location.

Highlight of this visit to Prague was the Koudelka 1968 exhibition at the National Gallery.  It was mounted as a multi-media event with sound effects, voice-overs from the era and movie clips.  The photos were projected on huge screens in a darkened environment.  It made the whole experience very immersive, involving and emotional. 

The photos themselves were also exhibited separately in conventional fashion.  One has to admire the courage and technique under very difficult circumstances and, of course, the courage of the resisting population as well.  If you are in Prague this summer don't miss it.

PS I so often visit this forum for insights on various lens and camera performance as new releases continue to push the boundaries of technology.  Seeing Koudelka's pictures was a great chance to re-connect with the composition, light and shade and emotion of the photographer's art at its best.  None of the pictures would have come near today's expectations for IQ although they are indeed technically masterful for the time and conditions under which they were taken.

• Like 1