Singapore Leica: where to buy

TG14

I didn’t find Singapore to be a good place to save money on leica Goods.. As you know, there are at least three official Leica boutiques. Other authorised dealers may simply get their stock from the main dealers. Otherwise, I found Singapore to offer some interesting photographic opportunities. But you must already know that. After all, you live in Singapore.

If you are flying out of Singapore, you can collect your purchase airside and avoid paying GST. BUT Scheme is not really designed for residents of Singapore. However, if you are going to somewhere like the UK or USA you could make a purchase there. Personally, I don’t think it makes sense to buy from another country. It complicates matters when you need service. My UK dealer handles all returns (including collection from my home) to Wetzlar at no cost when warranty repairs are required.

You already have an M10 I believe. If you want to buy the later model being released this week, you should build a relationship with one of the local dealers. I’m pretty sure there won’t be plentiful supplies to buy off-the-shelf for a while.

If you buy from the Leica Boutiques in Singapore (there are 4 of them), you have to expect to pay more. Very likely full retail price for the M10-P. If you are looking to purchase an M10, then getting it from one of the authorize dealers may be a  cheaper alternative as they usually give better discounts.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If you buy from the Leica Boutiques in Singapore (there are 4 of them), you have to expect to pay more. Very likely full retail price for the M10-P. If you are looking to purchase an M10, then getting it from one of the authorize dealers may be a cheaper alternative as they usually give better discounts.

That's what i suspected but i am wondering if it is worth building a relationship with the boutiques: for future servicing, issues, etc?

That's what i suspected but i am wondering if it is worth building a relationship with the boutiques: for future servicing, issues, etc?

Certainly. Better relationship brings you better support. Besides if you are an active hobbyist than you will benefit with the many events Leica stores arrange from master classes to tasting of whiskey.