The Leica Forum uses cookies. Read the privacy statement for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    OK, understood.

Photo
- - - - -

Singapore Leica: where to buy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TG14

TG14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 02:09

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)
I know there are a few leica stores in singapore but i have also seen leica logos at some camera stores. I guess these are authorised dealers.

Where would you buy from? Are auth dealers cheaper?

#2 sillbeers15

sillbeers15

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • LocationUpper Bukit Timah
  • City / Ort:Singapore

Posted 21 August 2018 - 02:14

Forget about cheaper. If you see a exstock, grab it before somelse does. You’re not buying Canon, Nikon or Sony. The M10P is so silent.

#3 lucerne

lucerne

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 966 posts
  • LocationDevon U.K. Or on a trip!
  • City / Ort:Torquay on The English Riviera

Posted 21 August 2018 - 02:20

I didn’t find Singapore to be a good place to save money on leica Goods.. As you know, there are at least three official Leica boutiques. Other authorised dealers may simply get their stock from the main dealers. Otherwise, I found Singapore to offer some interesting photographic opportunities. But you must already know that. After all, you live in Singapore.
---

Gordon
Devon, UK.

#4 madrigalmaster

madrigalmaster

Neuer Benutzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 13:46

I am not sure what are you talking about.

I went ,on line, to few Leica places in Singapore and after calculating the price of equipment based on an exchange rate of 0.73 ( as today rate) any lens or camera were 30% more expensive than Ken Hansen or B&H

• lucerne said thank you to this

#5 lucerne

lucerne

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 966 posts
  • LocationDevon U.K. Or on a trip!
  • City / Ort:Torquay on The English Riviera

Posted 21 August 2018 - 14:21

If you are flying out of Singapore, you can collect your purchase airside and avoid paying GST. BUT Scheme is not really designed for residents of Singapore. However, if you are going to somewhere like the UK or USA you could make a purchase there. Personally, I don’t think it makes sense to buy from another country. It complicates matters when you need service. My UK dealer handles all returns (including collection from my home) to Wetzlar at no cost when warranty repairs are required.
You already have an M10 I believe. If you want to buy the later model being released this week, you should build a relationship with one of the local dealers. I’m pretty sure there won’t be plentiful supplies to buy off-the-shelf for a while.
---

Gordon
Devon, UK.

#6 AlanYWM

AlanYWM

Neuer Benutzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 16:39

If you buy from the Leica Boutiques in Singapore (there are 4 of them), you have to expect to pay more. Very likely full retail price for the M10-P. If you are looking to purchase an M10, then getting it from one of the authorize dealers may be a  cheaper alternative as they usually give better discounts.

#7 TG14

TG14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 06:50

If you buy from the Leica Boutiques in Singapore (there are 4 of them), you have to expect to pay more. Very likely full retail price for the M10-P. If you are looking to purchase an M10, then getting it from one of the authorize dealers may be a cheaper alternative as they usually give better discounts.

That's what i suspected but i am wondering if it is worth building a relationship with the boutiques: for future servicing, issues, etc?

#8 sillbeers15

sillbeers15

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • LocationUpper Bukit Timah
  • City / Ort:Singapore

Posted 23 August 2018 - 01:55

That's what i suspected but i am wondering if it is worth building a relationship with the boutiques: for future servicing, issues, etc?

Certainly. Better relationship brings you better support. Besides if you are an active hobbyist than you will benefit with the many events Leica stores arrange from master classes to tasting of whiskey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic