Sunshine

jpreisch

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Q

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

J.

When I became a member, with my D-1, in March of 2003, there was a mentor named John from Vancouver, BC. He was the flower genius and teacher. He would also criticize my flower shots in a helpful manner. The best thing that I learned from him was to shoot your flowers into the light. BACKLIT !! Also, he scolded me to learn bokeh wit my flowers. Your flowers are beautiful but I thought as a very senior member, not a very senior photographer, that you might enjoy this sage advice.

• Like 3

. . . . John from Vancouver, BC . . . . 

I remember "John" and his name I will not disclose as he has left the group, but he was a magnanimous teacher to many, many people here--including myself.

I also recollect that post to you, Albert, about the backlighting. 

He produced some absolutely stunning images, many from the gardens in Vancouver, BC where I presume he lived at the time.

How about Daniel Drabeck?

He was a very talented and funny guy.

If he didn’t care for my photograph he would repost it with true to life bullet holes shot through them.

LOL

I don't remember the latter but I do remember that name

We had some great photogs on here in that era; not that we don't now, but that period was exceptional

Back to "John:"  I recall a young man, name of Mustafa I think, who posted some very ordinary images of flowers at first. John began giving him tips and in about six months he was producing really nice photos, and after about a year his images were eye-poppingly stunningly beautiful--just like John's own images were.

Back to "John:" I recall a young man, name of Mustafa I think, who posted some very ordinary images of flowers at first. John began giving him tips and in about six months he was producing really nice photos, and after about a year his images were eye-poppingly stunningly beautiful--just like John's own images were.

Back to "John:"  I recall a young man, name of Mustafa I think, who posted some very ordinary images of flowers at first. John began giving him tips and in about six months he was producing really nice photos, and after about a year his images were eye-poppingly stunningly beautiful--just like John's own images were.

You might be thinking of John Mead, who lived in beautiful Vancouver, BC. I'm not sure why he quit posting, but I recall he was having some very serious health issues several years ago.

• Like 1

Jperish,

The main point is that you posted a beautiful photograph with great skill. Please forgive me for wandering off into the past. I’m probably, according to my wife, wandering into the past.