My Leica M10s and Leica lenses

budjames

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I purchased my first Leica, the M10 in December 2017. Since then, I purchased a few Leica M lenses and a second M10 body. 

I have been shooting Fuji X for the past 4-1/2 years which replaced my Canon Pro DSLR and "L" lenses used for years. Fuji is very impressive and the image quality is awesome. A definite upgrade from my Canon 5D Mark III, my last Canon pro DSLR body.

The Fuji XF primes and zooms are all excellent. This is my system of choice for light weight travel and when I need long lenses. Now that I have a Leica system, I will be taking my Leicas and 4 primes, Super Elmar 18, Summicron 35 and 75 and Summilux 50, on my next travel vacation to New Zealand and Australia later this year. Except for wildlife in my backyard, I have shot almost exclusively with my Leicas since January of this year.

As amazing as the image quality from my Fuji system is, the "Leica Look" is addictive. I use Capture One Pro exclusively for my image processing. The Leica DNG files require very little adjustment and standard sharpening to produce stunning results.

Here is a "portrait" of my Leica gear.

Regards,

Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by budjames
  • Like 4

There are eight lenses in the photograph you posted.

Seven of the lenses are Noctilux 50, Summilux 35 and 50, Summicron 35, 75 and 90, and the Super Elmar 18.

What is the eighth lens?

The eighth lens is a Summicron 28 ASPH. It is an awesomely sharp lens.

Regards,

Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.
  • Like 1

So is the Leica way - the Tao of M camera photography.

It is definitely a more deliberate experience when you have to manually focus with the Leica M system.

Regards,

Bud James

I picked up an M10 about a month ago after trying out a film MP for a few weeks. As an engineer, I appreciate the technology packed into the Fuji cameras, but the the Leica lenses and color are exceptional. My wife enjoys the Fuji cameras, so I will be keeping them  ;) for her. And I still keep the Nikon's for versatility with remote flash. It seems I can't be happy with a single camera system. Sigh...what to do...

Edited by lfeagan

Man, i'm jealous! I got into the M10 a few months before you did (coming from the Sony A7S2), and I only have two lenses! 

I wish I had only two lenses :rolleyes:.

:p 

Good news (for me), I take only one or two lenses for a trip.

That is very hard to choose from too many.

• Like 1

An impressive collection in such a short time. It took me more years to go from one Leica lens to too many and then down to what I think is ideal (M lenses), and way more than I need!

Enjoy them.

Me too. I like to work with 2 or 3 Leica lenses but own 8 lenses in 6 focal lengths — and two bodies. It is always a hard decision as to what to pack. But I could never decide which lenses to sell as they are all so different and so good. Addict? Possibly... but I don't need rehab.

• Like 1

I wish I had only two lenses :rolleyes:.

:p

Good news (for me), I take only one or two lenses for a trip.

That is very hard to choose from too many.

Funny you should say that ;) Incidentally i'll passing through Montpellier in the new year. If you feel like offloading some lenses, I am interested in buying something :) 

True.  The worst is, when you have covered what you want in the M system, you then persuade yourself you need another complementary system and ... more lenses!

Lol, that’s exactly what happened in most of us..I think I know where Bud James going in next 2-3 years..he will think to buy another Leica body in 6-12 months, if not an SL maybe a Q, or M Monochrom lol...then when he become more passionate about Leica, his Leica buds introduce him to Leica film camera, from there he will think to reduce some of his lenses, try to find a film body then starting to collect vintage lenses..always buying lots of bags that suit his carrying and so on......;)

That’s a Leica life, once you attached to it, you will take it to your grave..it’s an investment, it’s an art, it’s a masterpiece, it’s a tool, It’s a Leica..it will change your life..

• Like 3