M10 M-D

IkarusJohn

5 minutes ago, earleygallery said:

I think Leica didn't design the camera well at all. It should have some kind of holder on the back so you can clip your smartphone to it to use its LCD......

That could be the first 3rd party accessory, a half case with a pouch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, oldwino said:

Why didn't they just re-design the top plate to include a larger thumb rest?

Or, do you need a thumb rest at all on a camera with no screen or buttons on the back?

It can be helpful support when carrying with a wrist strap and for shooting in portrait mode.  For me the thumbwheel bump-out is sufficient.  But I'm not shooting heavy/long lenses.

1 hour ago, earleygallery said:

I think Leica didn't design the camera well at all. It should have some kind of holder on the back so you can clip your smartphone to it to use its LCD......

I would use two rubber bands. Leica brand will be costly. 

• Haha 1

vor 10 Minuten schrieb schattenundlicht:

I never was into gaffer tape on my red dot. Now I will be. What a shame. Maybe, in a few days I can laugh about this. Currently I am unable to.

Perhaps it will take some more days, though I believe that users who never used a rewind lever will be a majority quite soon. They might look for some „new“ devices to rest their tumbs on.

1 minute ago, UliWer said:

Perhaps it will take some more days, though I believe that users who never used a rewind lever will be a majority quite soon. They might look for some „new“ devices to rest their tumbs on.

Then they will be in for a surprise, should they ever lay their hands on a film camera:

„What, the ancients used their thumbrest to advance a frame? What a moronic concept!“

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, NigelG said:

Finally realised that “Wetzlar” is an anagram of “Ersatz”

As an M-D 262 owner I’d love to know how many of the beta testers/feedback group were M-D users......

It isn't an anagram Nigel (close though!)

I think that not many were M-D 262 owners, and the word Ersatz was coined by someone who certainly hadn't!

Aside from the stupid lever. The LCD screen is best thing to happen to photography since at least polaroid and one of best ever. One of the reasons we shot Medium Format in film days was for polaroid back.

I see no reason to remove LCD. Just turn it off.

And why make the camera operation from phone? Will the app be supported by Leica or iPhone in 20 years? 15? 10? If need to use phone just end up using phone.

Is world going doo-lally?

• Like 2

I think the point is, to use the phone app once to set up your camera and then learn the metering perfectly. The you watch your photos at home. People who use the monitor all the time to review photos and change settings all the time are not the targeted customers for the M10-D.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SMAL said:

I think the point is, to use the phone app once to set up your camera and then learn the metering perfectly. The you watch your photos at home. People who use the monitor all the time to review photos and change settings all the time are not the targeted customers for the M10-D.

I'm not talking about viewing photos I have it switched off anyway. White balances, lens codings, flash sync, drive?