The Leica Forum uses cookies. Read the privacy statement for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    OK, understood.

Photo
- - - - -

Adjust infinity stop on Elmarit-M 90?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mdemeyer

mdemeyer

Neuer Benutzer

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationBeijing, China (1-year assignment)

Posted 12 August 2018 - 22:10

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)
Anyone know if this can be done easily and without jepordizing the RF coupling? I have one that is perfectly coupled but the infinity stop is a little short. This shows up both in the RF (not converged on an infinity subject) and in LiveView and images.

I’m not looking for speculation on what might be wrong. Just clear directions on how to adjust that.

Thanks!

#2 euston

euston

• Members
  • 2,576 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:19

Some years ago I bought a bargain used copy of this lens which had this fault. I sent it to Leica for repair and it came back perfect having had a full CLA. This may not be the answer you want but it worked for me. My only regret is that I didn’t bother to have it coded at the same time.

#3 AK588

AK588

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:59

I also picked up this lens used, has the same issue

#4 rramesh

rramesh

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 1,507 posts
  • City / Ort:Singapore

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:29

My understand from Leica was that this lens (not 6-bit version) was for film bodies and it needed some adjustment for the digital bodies. I got it done when it went for a CLA and 6-bit coding.

Pixels dancing to the rhythm of the moment.
Ramchand Ramesh
http://ramchandramesh.com

#5 Fgcm

Fgcm

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • City / Ort:Milan

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:44

My understand from Leica was that this lens (not 6-bit version) was for film bodies and it needed some adjustment for the digital bodies. I got it done when it went for a CLA and 6-bit coding.

+1

Send it to Leica.
After CLA, mine is perfect.

#6 lct

lct

Ex-Newbie

• Members
  • 17,122 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 13:48

+1

#7 mdemeyer

mdemeyer

Neuer Benutzer

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationBeijing, China (1-year assignment)

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:37

It’s on its way back for another round of adjustment. Third trip, I’m afraid. I was hoping to avoid another round to get this one nailed...

Edited by mdemeyer, 14 August 2018 - 07:38.

0 user(s) are reading this topic