NiteCore battery charger for M8.

farnz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just for information, NiteCore manufactures an excellent USB-powered battery charger for M8 (and M9 and M-E) batteries.  I prefer it to my original M8 'house brick' charger because of the additional info displayed on its LCD, its light weight, and its convenience.  Although I haven't bothered with controlled tests it seems that the NiteCore charger charges my (proprietary) Leica batteries more quickly than my house brick charger.

I bought the charger through NiteCore's website, it cost £27 I think and it arrived in 2 days.

(For full disclosure I have nothing whatsoever to do with NiteCore - I just want to pass on some good news.)

Pete.

• Like 3

Just for information, NiteCore manufactures an excellent USB-powered battery charger for M8 (and M9 and M-E) batteries. I prefer it to my original M8 'house brick' charger because of the additional info displayed on its LCD, its light weight, and its convenience. Although I haven't bothered with controlled tests it seems that the NiteCore charger charges my (proprietary) Leica batteries more quickly than my house brick charger.

I bought the charger through NiteCore's website, it cost £27 I think and it arrived in 2 days.

(For full disclosure I have nothing whatsoever to do with NiteCore - I just want to pass on some good news.)

Pete.

I got mine from a shop in France that was mentioned before somewhere in the forum some time ago. They had a promotion price. Always was looking for an M9 charger to replace the original that came with the M8 but the Niticore is so small and easy. A highly recommended device for M8 & M9 users.

Best

Edited by rjans

I got mine from B&H when my M9 charger developed flashing lights syndrome. Works just fine and is a few grams of lighter than the Leica one. I also find the ability to use USB charging an increasingly useful feature as USB wall sockets become more widely available

Jim

I've been using the Nitecore chargers for M8/9, M240, both of which from B&H, then the one for Leica Q direct from Nitecore's website. Very pleased overall, especially handy for travel.

Doug

Edited by Dougg

• 2 weeks later...

I  may also buy such a charger.  It is unclear to me where on the Nitecore site an order can be placed.

Hi, Raid,

Yes they seem to have changed their website since I bought mine.  Strangely I couldn't find a way to place an order on the Nitecore.com website but I can through the Nitecore.co.uk website.  Here's a link to the ULM9 on the .co.uk site if that's any use to you?  Otherwise perhaps Amazon?

Pete.

• Like 1