Q with UV filter + hood compatibles?

kyeo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

First of all I would like to take this first post to introduce myself in the forum and thank you for the opportunity to be able to join the forum.

I'm waiting for my Leica Q, and while I'm getting it I'm thinking of buying a UV lens protector (B + W XS-Pro Digital 010 - 49 mm MRC Nano UV Filter). The question I have is whether I can have the protector and the hood mounted at the same time. Are they compatible?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing your posts and photos.

I’m not familiar with that exact filter. I doubt its a problem. I keep a B&W UV + Haze MRC filter on with the hood. Its never been a problem.

Edited by Infiniumguy

You might think about acquiring an op tech mini lens cover. It slips over the lens hood and protects it in a way which nothing else can. The Leica lens cap for the hood is hopeless. Never mind though - the camera is great

You might think about acquiring an op tech mini lens cover. It slips over the lens hood and protects it in a way which nothing else can. The Leica lens cap for the hood is hopeless. Never mind though - the camera is great

+1. I stopped using the Leica lens cap after the first day. I have the Op Tech lens hood. It works well to protect the entire lens. I use it in the bag most of the time. Otherwise, I go without a cap or Op Tech hood. Never had a problem.

+1. I stopped using the Leica lens cap after the first day. I have the Op Tech lens hood. It works well to protect the entire lens. I use it in the bag most of the time. Otherwise, I go without a cap or Op Tech hood. Never had a problem.

I must have received the only well-made Leica lens cap with my camera. I've been using it  - placing it over the lens hood - since Sept. 2015, and have not had any problems with it. Works and looks as new. I use the Leica 49mm UVs II filter for protection.I

Edited by beez
  • Like 1

I must have received the only well-made Leica lens cap with my camera. I've been using it  - placing it over the lens hood - since Sept. 2015, and have not had any problems with it. Works and looks as new. I use the Leica 49mm UVs II filter for protection.I

You are not the only one.   My camera is stored in its bag with the factory cap in place, attached to the lens hood.  When I take the camera out of the bag because I might be taking some shots leave the cap in the bag.  The cap still firmly attaches to the hood.

I only use filters when I feel the need for a filter, most typically a polarizer.  The lens hood has otherwise proven to be enough protection.

• Like 1