Long distance One Challenge - New York 2019

StS

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, DigitalHeMan said:

Looking hopeful that I can make this too. Would probably fly in on the 30th, and leave on the 5th.

In fact, I’ve just hooked a hotel, has free cancellation in case it turns out we can’t make it. TRYP by Wyndham near B&H/Times Square....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Michael Geschlecht said:

Hello Erl,

The most important box to "check" is Box #1. Hopefully, that is done.

Best Regards,

Michael

Michael,

Box #1 is the suspect currently. The main problem is side effects of my current treatment. The worst being extreme fatigue that hits me in the middle of every day. I am (sort of) dealing with it but I am worried about the 25+Hrs flying time I would have to endure. I am working on a survival strategy that is looking positive. Updates to come.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 3/12/2019 at 4:17 AM, erl said:

Michael,

Box #1 is the suspect currently. The main problem is side effects of my current treatment. The worst being extreme fatigue that hits me in the middle of every day. I am (sort of) dealing with it but I am worried about the 25+Hrs flying time I would have to endure. I am working on a survival strategy that is looking positive. Updates to come.

Remember that due to the time zones, middle of the day Australia time will be late evening New York time, so you'll be tired at the right time :)

Seriously though, hope you're feeling well enough to make the trip, would be good to see you again!

• Thanks 2

Since we will need a café and a restaurant - would it be possible to get a short heads-up, even if plans are currently tentatively only? We would need the planned number of participants, and whether joining the dinner is planned as well.

Thank you very much

Stefan

Seems to have been a hiccup in the system. My earlier post has not appeared. Maybe it got lost in the shutdown.

Anyway, in the interest of organisation, Count me as 2x2 for lunch and dinner. (John + Melanie)

I guess that means I must now book flights and hotels! 🤓

Been working on my fitness level. Here's hoping.😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Please count Eileen and I in for dinner and anything else that's going. We're actually leaving on the 16 April and bumming around for a couple of weeks before the meeting.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone in The Big Apple.

Cheers, Tom

• Thanks 1