Long distance One Challenge - New York 2019

StS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

22 hours ago, StS said:

As a tip for the locals, since most of us will have travelled out now, the "Play it loud" exhibition in the Metropolitan Museum is worth a visit.

Something I like about the Met, you pass a row of antique statues, turn round a corner and end up in a Rock Music instruments exhibition.

Stefan

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Very Nice! Looks like Jimmy Page, Jerry Garcia and Stevie Ray Vaughn.

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2019 at 5:33 AM, StS said:

As a side note, I have set a specific temporary e-mail address, which will be published right after the challenge and closed after all entries are in. I would like to avoid to attact too much spam. In case anyone would like to have it right now, please PM me.

Stefan

Hi Stefan, has the email address been published yet? If so I must have missed it.

Thanks, Tom

• Thanks 1

Hi Tom,

it was in the last version of the rules, NYCOneChallenge {at} quantentunnel.de

Everyone has until Sunday, 2nd June, 18:00 UTC to send his best picture (and Night Challenge picture, if taken).

Stefan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pick your explicative, they were all directed at Pete @farnz, John @jcraf and Stefan @StS 🤣

Wall Street

Portra 400 (@800)

M7, 28mm Elmarit pre-asph 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by A miller
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, farnz said:

"NO, you can't photograph that!"

... and eventually as her parting shot ...

"Yo mudda dint bring you up properly!" 😂 @A miller, @jcraf, @lanetomlane

(I notice now that the poor dog has his leg caught up in the leash held by Ms. Imaketherulesaroundhere.)

Pete.

LOL 😂 I think she has earned herself a spot on the Board of Directors of the Adam Miller Fan Club

1 hour ago, DigitalHeMan said:

Great shot! I hope she at least cleaned up afterwards....

Thanks, Simon. 😁  She didn't quite clean it all up b/c she was too busy lecturing us that we what were doing was illegal when she in fact was blatantly breaking the law by not curbing her dog.  I loved her dog, by the way.  ♥️

Edited by A miller
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, farnz said:

@A miller I have to admit that the episode will stay with me for a very long time and I thought you conducted yourself admirably in the face of an angry "Where you from ???!". 😂

Pete.

+1. I didn’t quite see the relevance of the ‘Where you from?’ comment either.  I thought that was particularly unpleasant of her,  and I pity her for her need for aggression and her small mindedness. 

But it all added a bit of spice to an excellent morning of chatting, ambling and photography! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, farnz said:

@A miller I have to admit that the episode will stay with me for a very long time and I thought you conducted yourself admirably in the face of an angry "Where you from ???!". 😂

Pete.

3 minutes ago, jcraf said:

+1. I didn’t quite see the relevance of the ‘Where you from?’ comment either.  I thought that was particularly unpleasant of her,  and I pity her for her need for aggression and her small mindedness. 

But it all added a bit of spice to an excellent morning of chatting, ambling and photography! 

And let's not forget the very thick accent that she spoke with when asking where I was from ---> couldn't it have been French? 😎

It was indeed a funny encounter and glad it made part of your NY experience.  It was a real pleasure to be with you in any case!

• Like 3

I'm down to 2, well 1 really. Still doing a 1st edit of my entire 2 weeks of shooting. Barely covered the tip of the iceberg.

Surprises keep popping up but I am pretty sure I will go with the original choice I made.

Melanie has several interesting shots for her contribution. Sort of surprised me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, erl said:

Is anyone going to start an 'outakes' file after the judging, or a 'look what I shot in NY', not connected with the Challenge?

I have some rejects that I would love to post.

I'm down to 2 and having a hard time picking just the one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2