Recommended sites/stores to sell an M8 to avoid eBay?

rivi1969

Pete and David,

Last year I contact Leica to see the what I could do to have my camera engraved, they told me I had to ship it to Germany and the process could take almost a year at a cost of around 1000 Euros, I dropped the idea.

Last month a designer friend of mine gave me a few Leica logo decals of different sizes as a gift so I decided to put the smaller 1" length on the camera, looks nice and seems it will last. In case you want I can ask her to print some more and I can USPS them to you.

David, you have a new follower on Flickr.

• Like 1

Ah thanks, rive, that explains it - and thanks for the generous offer but I won't put you to the trouble you of having it done because I feel sure I could arrange to have it done locally.  

I'm surprised that Leica's quoting nearly a year and €1,000 because when I enquired about having my M240 similarly engraved a few years ago they expected it to take around a fortnight and something like £100 or so.  Perhaps the one elderly gentleman* who does the engraving has orders backed up.

*I'm joking of course.

Pete.

• Like 1