Has anyone gotten Nissin MG10 to work with Leica SCF-1 commander?

Ron Weissman

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 11/5/2018 at 12:38 AM, sillbeers15 said:

The MG10 has become a part of OCF lighting kit controlled by SF C1 Commander. With the optional 26650 Li-ion battery, it offers faster recycling time and 500 shots on full power. I use the MG10 as my key light source accompanied by 2 SF60s as fill light and rim light. Below are some shots:

L1020756 Heresa by sillbeers15

L1020718 by sillbeers15

I cannot view those photos here, but via your flickr link. It's very promising. :)

so these photos are taken using SFC1 + SF60 and MG10?

5 hours ago, arvin said:

I cannot view those photos here, but via your flickr link. It's very promising. :)

so these photos are taken using SFC1 + SF60 and MG10?

I’m puzzled why the two photos do not show now (it was fine when I posted earlier).

Yes. I used the 3 lights combo for the trial shots. MG10 as my key light from right, SF60 as my fill light from left. And 2nd SF60 as my rim light from rear to provide subject with separation.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, arvin said:

nice!

unfortunately, MG10 is not available here in Australia, yet! :(

It is also not available in Singapore yet. I went to Nissin Hong Kong website’s Online Store to do the purchase. I contacted the staff through Nissin HK Facebook and they were very helpful to assist me in the seamless international shipping process even though the web’s Online Store only supports Hong Kong local Nissin sales. I just had to pay for the package shipping on top of the MG10 unit price. Ah, the staff was so helpful that they created the single MG10 alone sales category after my request to purchase without the Air10s as a kit.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

just got the mg10 with the sony adapter, and i have the sf c1. with the updated firmware i can connect to sf c1 but the flash only work in a single shot mode when attached to sl, whereas with the sony i can shoot at least 5 or 6. i hope there is a new firmware for the leica soon

Edited by msadat

I've just received a Nitecore D2 and two 26650 batteries. Very good tandem.

But wanted to ask any of you  if is there a tip for using our Leicas with the option of "Advanced Groups",  that's to say the possibility to manage the mode of each group  of flashes separately of the others.. In my case I've only succeeded in activating several groups in the  same mode, but different settings in each group. May us ask to Leica to put this advanced option in the  next firmware? (For the ones that Leica listens with good ears….)

Francisco

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
19 hours ago, Photoworks said:

How did you get the M10 to work on the SF C1?

I just got an MG80 Pro and they told me it works, but after It connects to SF C1 nothing works.

The flash is on the latest firmware.  and the SF c1 is on 001 001

thank you for suggestions

For MG10 and SF-C1, I followed the instructions by @sillbeers15 in post #18. Works without problems. No experience with MG80, though.