Only film

12 hours ago, jmahto said:

I was surprised myself. In my area (San Francisco Bay Area) there are few. Look onto localdarkroom.com

I have yet to use it but I did correspond with the darkroom staff (they have classes as well). 

I assume one of them that you're referring to is Harvey Milk. I was a member there for about a year when I was getting into film.  Very inexpensive and a great place to try the darkroom for the first time to see if you like making wet prints.  Ultimately I set up my own darkroom at home but the community darkroom was a great way to get started. 

• Like 2

On 9/17/2019 at 7:27 AM, otto.f said:

Film camera’s are held for interior decoration, you have to order your films from Germany or Belgium, let alone the rest of your darkroom equipment  like papers and chemicals, dreadful.

I have to admit that being in Belgium is a bit if a bonus... that's a great little shop, with loads of stock and very nice people!!

I'm back to shooting film a bit (still mainly digital with the Q and CL currently). Tempted by a Leica RF, of course, even with aging eyes, but for now using my old, now refurbished Nikon FE. Obviously unhappy with the cost of external processing and for a variety of reasons can't set up even the modern minimalist darkroom in my home. So, will taking dark room lessons and renting darkroom space here: https://as220.org/ It's a great organization: they offer darkroom lessons and rental, and MF and Large Format lessons.

Also thinking of a film Hassy to switch backs rather than cameras. Or Mamiyas are so cheap, could buy several.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, ianman said:

I have to admit that being in Belgium is a bit if a bonus... that's a great little shop, with loads of stock and very nice people!!

You mean Grobet in Antwerpen or Retro Camera in Ieper? I couldn’t get my 50x60 ADOX MCC paper at Grobet, so I traveled to Ieper, which is a very nice town with a striking monument for Maori’s that fought for Belgium in WW1

Edited by otto.f

Retro.

I don't know the Maori monument - there are so many monuments and cemeteries around there - but there is of course the world famous Menen Gate where the Last post ceremony has held every day since 1928 (except for during WWII when it was held in Surrey). I was there for the 10 November 2018 ceremony (11-11 was not public), it was incredibly moving.

• Like 1