MP Help Me Choose

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I know, I know, silver or black ok, ok.  So I'm in the market for an MP Black

however,  I came across this beauty in silver with BLUE  wrap (sort of dark blue, almost black in certain light)

The pluses, its gorgeous with a silver 35mm, The negatives, its not black and if you switch to a 28 or 50 those lenses are only made in black...unless you want to spend 9k.  so I'd have a silver Leica with blue wrap and black lens in 28 or 50. hmmm

Im curious to hear the communities thoughts. 

Thank you.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

One more pic 

Welcome here,

Those are only cosmetic that can be replaced on your black MP (if it's your choice) at Leica Store for small fee ( for Leica of course ).

Have a look at "skin color" choices in "Leica à la carte" program ( https://a-la-carte-configurator.leica-camera.com/?lang=en&DEF=definitions_Poland )

or at some others like 'Cameraleather : http://www.cameraleather.com/leica_m/preview.htm)

or 'Aki Asahi : http://www.aki-asahi.com/store/html/M6/index.php

Silver lenses exist, not so expensive...

Summaron-M 28mm is in Silver only

Summarit-M 35/50/75/90 can be ordered in Black or Silver

And some can be have in Silver in second hand market

As side note, I always mix Silver or Black Ms on Black or Silver lenses (even use Titanium on BP or Silver/Black Chrome M )  : I take what I have mixed with what I need :).

• Like 1

When have black lenses ever looked bad on a silver body? If the worry goes that far just consider trying to accessorise the blue covering with a matching strap and camera bag, getting that shade just so isn't going to be easy.

• Like 2

It gets even worse. What shoes to wear with a blue camera? Ideally the same leather, but I am not sure whether Leica makes a-la-carte shoes.

So you'll have to roam the shoe shops for silver shoes. Brown would be horrific and black is not a good combination with a silver camera. And then: socks - that might be slightly easier.

It will end in a cascade that will leave you with a house interior, designer-provided, in blue and sliver... Not one piece of black in sight. And a round, red front door.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I know, I know, silver or black ok, ok.  So I'm in the market for an MP Black

however,  I came across this beauty in silver with BLUE  wrap (sort of dark blue, almost black in certain light)

The pluses, its gorgeous with a silver 35mm, The negatives, its not black and if you switch to a 28 or 50 those lenses are only made in black...unless you want to spend 9k.  so I'd have a silver Leica with blue wrap and black lens in 28 or 50. hmmm

Im curious to hear the communities thoughts. 

Thank you

attachicon.gifIMG_3198 2.jpg

You could not possibly consider the silver and blue one with that black battery cover and filter.

• Like 1

You wont’ get happy with this one, that’s my thought, messy combination of colors. I thought that the MP was meant for the real original M work on film, I can’t combine that

Edited by otto.f

Silver body, black leather covering and a chrome lens - no worries about what colour shoes to wear...   ;)  Oh, and a black lens looks just as good.

• Like 3

What about black chrome? I always loved the black paint and i still do, but since i have bought the M-A in black chrome i'm in love with that finish.

What about black & blue ?

https://leicarumors.com/2015/11/19/new-leica-m-typ-240-a-la-carte-program-announced.aspx/leica-m-a-la-carte-black-dark-blue/

Edited by Paul Verrips
  • Like 1

Haven’t pretty much every camera system since the 70’s had silver bodies with mostly black lenses? Think Nikon F/F2 press photographers, Pentax SLR’s, etc., or were photographers then less worried about how the camera looked and more about how the photos looked??

• Like 1

Because Im a glutton for punishment I thought I would upload one more shot, this is much closer to the actual color.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IwBvoDiapaGiV-zleIGp1DFucxrbVusl

the most beautiful M I have ever seen was owned by a NO workshop attendee that had light blue leather on his M10 with a silver Noct 1.0; very stunning. All mine are black, kinda boring. 

• Like 2