Any reason for the CL and TL forums not to be merged?

CL / TL / T forum are now combined:

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/forum/290-leica-cl-tl-tl2-t-forum/

When starting a discussion you can choose a prefix to make clear about which camera you are talking

It's okay ... grumble grumble ... just means I have to read more tags and titles to find the post that interest me each time I enter the forum now, and use the "mark all threads as read" more often. :-/

What a shame that the CL pages have been joined with the others, much better separated as it was!

Why not make the pages like the M pages with separate headings for M8, M9 etc.?

David 

Edited by Valau
  • Like 1

What a shame that the CL pages have been joined with the others, much better separated as it was!

Why not make the pages like the M pages with separate headings for M8, M9 etc.?

David 

I agree, it is a different camera but Oh Well.

Sorry, I much prefer the separate forums.

I seem to be in the minority, but I find the new arrangement haphazard and confusing and I have to search through to find threads pertaining to my own equipment.

I never really saw the need to merge even though these are all APS-C cameras and TL lenses. It was easier to sort CL from T/TL/TL2.

Hey, ho!

Tim

Sorry, I much prefer the separate forums.

I seem to be in the minority, but I find the new arrangement haphazard and confusing and I have to search through to find threads pertaining to my own equipment.

I never really saw the need to merge even though these are all APS-C cameras and TL lenses. It was easier to sort CL from T/TL/TL2.

Hey, ho!

Tim

I said this at the beginning: Although they are all APS-C system, the cameras are ergonomically completely different and the user discussion is also completely different. There is no sense to jamming the two lines together in a discussion forum, although it might make sense for Leica to list them together since they use the same lenses.

If you want to discuss lens performance or photos, it makes more sense to move that to a lens discussion forum or a photo category.

But eh, I don't make any website organizational decisions.

My feedback is that it's now harder to find what I might be interested in reading or participating with. I can't see that as a positive change. :(

I said this at the beginning: Although they are all APS-C system, the cameras are ergonomically completely different and the user discussion is also completely different. There is no sense to jamming the two lines together in a discussion forum, although it might make sense for Leica to list them together since they use the same lenses.

If you want to discuss lens performance or photos, it makes more sense to move that to a lens discussion forum or a photo category.

But eh, I don't make any website organizational decisions.

My feedback is that it's now harder to find what I might be interested in reading or participating with. I can't see that as a positive change. :(

Howdy Godfrey,

To be honest, I was imagining the merge would create a forum a little like what we have in DPR Leica Forum. But here,  instead of having all Leica cameras like in  DPR, we would have had only CL and T/TL. ... But I guess my imagination was not possible to do!  B)

Anybody in favour of me tagging more threads for TL or CL?

Note that clicking on one of the red tags will split the forum and show threads pertaining to the camera you clicked on plus untagged threads

• Like 1

Jaap, would it be possible to have the image threads on top and not making them move?

Also, as I said before, I was imagining image threads merged. Since they are not merged, is it possible to have different tag colors for CL and T/TL, so we could see them better?

This is what I think at this time, but later, we may have other ideas that could improve the forum... I hope!

Edited by Louis

Jaap, would it be possible to have the image threads on top and not making them move?

Also, as I said before, I was imagining image threads merged. Since they are not merged, is it possible to have different tag colors for CL and T/TL, so we could see them better?

This is what I think at this time, but later, we may have other ideas that could improve the forum... I hope!

No, the pinned threads are sorted by the date of the last post.

I think the different-colour tags are a good idea.

BTW, I found that the TL tag gives a 404 error. reported to Andreas.

Note that clicking on one of the red tags will split the forum and show threads pertaining to the camera you clicked on plus untagged threads

Sorry but I am in favor of the separate CL forum. This is just a jammed up mess as far as I am concerned. I am sure if you were a T/TL/TL2 owner you have now been taken over by the CL. FWIW

Howdy Godfrey,

To be honest, I was imagining the merge would create a forum a little like what we have in DPR Leica Forum. But here,  instead of having all Leica cameras like in  DPR, we would have had only CL and T/TL. ... But I guess my imagination was not possible to do!  B)

Sorry Louis, but the last thing I'd want is to replicate DPR here.

To me there's very little point to having a whole website dedicated to Leica photography and equipment, and then lumping all of the discussion into one bin.

• Like 1

Sorry but I am in favor of the separate CL forum. This is just a jammed up mess as far as I am concerned. I am sure if you were a T/TL/TL2 owner you have now been taken over by the CL. FWIW

++ me. The point of having a whole website dedicated to Leica equipment and photography is that you can address each of the equipment types and user constituencies individually and specifically: compact fixed lens cameras (separated into subgroups), T/TL bodies, CL bodies, the different M bodies, SL bodies, S bodies, R bodies, each of the lens lines, and then the photo categories external to the equipment discussion, but linked to it when apropos, are a natural way to address all these different facets of Leica photography in an organized fashion.

Tag what you can if you want to persist with this current organization, I don't know how much it helps. That unobvious detail makes the tagging more useful, thanks for that. But the design is unnecessarily complex IMO.

Sorry, Jaap, but I, too, would like to separate the forums as before. It's much more confusing and busy now. It's tough on my 70 yo eyes.....

Thanks,

Marc

First off - I do not own the forum - that is Andreas.

Personally, I would like to see this forum organized much like the M forum, with dedicated subforums for each type, lenses and -different to the M side- , one for common subjects.

I would not be in favour of separate forums.

However, I can live with the present system.

• Like 3