S to SL Adapter – Experience?

Agent M10

Have had the S to SL adapter for the last two years. I sold my SL several months ago, but keep the adapter just in case.. It works very well  with all my S lenses and  it allows all the functionality of the SL. 

Focusing was reliable, but not that fast as with the SL/TL lenses.

I had only one problem related to the use of the adapter with my S100mm. When I first mounted the S100mm. on my SL through the adapter, the lens AF made a little noise there AF stopped working. It was a typical S lens AF failure, as many experienced with their S cameras. I repaired the lens and it worked perfect after that.

Yevgeny

• Like 2

It works well, as stated by Yevgeny the focus is slower.  With my 120 and 180mm S lens the focus is more accurate than my S bodies.  As a backup it should work well, I really enjoy shooting the 70mm on the SL, slight telephoto and beautiful imaging, it compares well with the new 75mm Summicron SL. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses, but I'm more interested in hearing about the rendering of the S lenses than I am auto focus. I travel a lot with the 007, and figure that an SL body as a back up would be easier to travel with than another 007 or 006. But, then again, if the rendering is completely different I might need to rethink that. 

Thanks both for quick reply. Just like the S-Adapter L does not support the APS-C cameras  :(  - ok, maybe not the typical application, though. But being able to mount Contax 645 and HC lenses onto the SL would have been cool.

• Like 2