Forum not recognising “participation”

Advertisement (gone after registration)

When browsing the forum, I tend to start by clicking “View new content” (top right), then clicking on threads I’ve participated in. For the last few weeks (months?) the list of threads I get is very short, and clearly incomplete.

If I unclick the participation filter, I get the long list of threads with new content, but that is also incomplete.

Going to the actual threads by clicking on ‘Forum’ then going through the various topics, I get everything including the full threads I’ve contributed to, but the forum doesn’t recognise my posts. So, when I open a long thread like the film thread, the forum tells me I have thousands of unread posts, where in reality I have posted.

Some setting has clearly changed - can someone fix this? It’s not a minority and it’s not historic - I’m getting it in a majority of threads with recent posts.

I forgot to add that when the feature does ‘work’, if I click on ‘view last unread’, it doesn’t take me to the last unread but to a number of posts before.

I think that problem is caused by people posting image links to other sites. The forum server can’t calculate the page position because it is your computer which fetches the image.

When browsing the forum, I tend to start by clicking “View new content” (top right), then clicking on threads I’ve participated in. For the last few weeks (months?) the list of threads I get is very short, and clearly incomplete.

If I unclick the participation filter, I get the long list of threads with new content, but that is also incomplete.

Going to the actual threads by clicking on ‘Forum’ then going through the various topics, I get everything including the full threads I’ve contributed to, but the forum doesn’t recognise my posts. So, when I open a long thread like the film thread, the forum tells me I have thousands of unread posts, where in reality I have posted.

Some setting has clearly changed - can someone fix this? It’s not a minority and it’s not historic - I’m getting it in a majority of threads with recent posts.

Andreas?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hmm, I have only one guess:

What does the complete left bar look like?

Is perhaps the „Filter by Forum“ section highlighted?

This would reduce the selection to selected sub-forums.

Or does it look like this?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

If this is not the problem, please send me the full URL of the page you are seeing, similar to this

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums&sid=xxx&search_app_filters[forums][searchInKey]=&change=1&period=unread&followedItemsOnly=0&userMode=all

Andreas

PS.: If you have such problems don't hesitate to contact me directly or report your own post. 

To be honest: I don't read all posts here ;)

• Like 1