Sign in to follow this  
miro

The Unique SOOC Jpeg Rendering of the Leica T ...

Thank you for posting this. It reflects my experiences and preferences from the reviewer.

Most of all the neutral colors of the T compared with even other Leica cameras are remarkable.

I love it more than TL 2, CL and Q and even M having more color contrast and saturation that

don’t look real anymore.

Dre

From the T , I like both , jpeg and raw .

I wonder what Leica was thinking with the T jpegs ?

Being that the camera was aimed at the smartphone crowd , were they thinking Instagram , which in 2014 was gaining traction , as the T was released .

By the way , Mr. Kim says he likes the T's SOOC Jpegs , but I've read on reddit that he used VSCO filters .

Also , does the Summicron-T 23mm f/2 produce such shallow depth of field as in many of his photos ?

Or is that a filter too ?

... it dawned on me that the SOOC DNG rendering looks a bit like slide film .

Earlier Leica lenses rendered sharp but not contrasty image. I get this with my 35 Canada Summilux, color neg vs slide is a good example, my 90 elmarit is less so but still not a contrasty as new lenses. You could set a profile for PS or Light Room to give you the quality you want out of DNG files. 

I have no idea what an "instagram quality" might be. I see a lot of instagram photos, and post there myself, and I see no commonality of "quality" or look between the various people's postings.

That said, I never use SOOC JPEG image files. My CL is set to produce only raw files, as are all my other digital cameras.

3 hours ago, ramarren said:

I have no idea what an "instagram quality" might be. I see a lot of instagram photos, and post there myself, and I see no commonality of "quality" or look between the various people's postings.

That said, I never use SOOC JPEG image files. My CL is set to produce only raw files, as are all my other digital cameras.

The app allows users to upload photos and videos to the service, which can be edited with various filters .

Oh, I know all about the app and use it now and then. I do all my image processing before I upload a JPEG. :D