FYI: 7Artisans 50/1.1 doesn't focus to Infinity with SL

6bit

• 9 months later...

I've just done the same. On looking closely the rear element of the lens is slightly unscrewed. Tightening it up made infinity possible but still a bit snug. It's only a fraction of an inch, trying to summon up courage to file the unscrewable casing down a bit. 

Anyone tried this?? 

On 7/28/2018 at 11:24 AM, 6bit said:

I mounted the 7Artisans 1.1/50mm on my SL today. It wouldn't focus to infinity. The rear element protrudes back far enough to make contact with the inside of the camera. This caught me by surprise.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 7/28/2018 at 11:24 PM, 6bit said:

I mounted the 7Artisans 1.1/50mm on my SL today. It wouldn't focus to infinity. The rear element protrudes back far enough to make contact with the inside of the camera. This caught me by surprise.  

After careful consideration i have just modified my 7 artisans 50 1.1. It took 5 min, very little chance of damaging the lens.

I filed a chamfer about 15-20 mm long on the edge of the lens barrel at the top and bottom where it contacted the sensor surround. Works a treat

Edited by Leica993
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...