Open Thread: Pictures of and with Visoflex lenses

DirkR440

Advertisement (gone after registration)

IIIf + Visoflex I + Hektor 135 with short barrel + OZXVO release cable, handheld at 1/200th, on Delta 100.  It's not too terrible handheld, I managed most of a roll of sharp exposures. We'll see how it goes with the 280mm f/4.8 Telyt next!

The strange little OZXVO pneumatic(?) link helps very much for handheld use. I have no idea how it works, but it seems to quite well. 

• Like 3

All right, well today's attempt was with the 280mm. IIIf + Visoflex I + 280mm F4.8 Telyt direct attached + OZXVO release cable, handheld at 1/200th, on Delta 100. 

This was the best of the bunch, obviously it's harder to keep the camera steady enough with this long a lens. But focus was also consistently off even on a tripod, and I don't know if the Visoflex 1 is even adjustable. (Or if I just did a worse job of focusing this one than the Hektor 135)

• Like 1

Can anyone enlighten me as to focus adjustments for the Visoflex I? Mine is consistently off by enough that I feel something isn't exactly right, but is there anything to fall out of adjustment on it? Perhaps a mirror stop, or the position of the ground glass?   Are there even adjustments?

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Susie said:

Have you focussed the viewfinder?  You need to adjust it that so that the small circle etched on the ground glass is in focus before focussing the lens.  It is easier to do this before fitting the lens.

Yes! Thanks - the problem is that when the image is in sharp focus on the ground glass, it isn't exactly focused on the film plane. I suspect there is an adjustment either of the ground glass position or the mirror stop, but I hesitate to fiddle with either without knowing if there's a "correct" way to do it.

4 hours ago, qqphot said:

Yes! Thanks - the problem is that when the image is in sharp focus on the ground glass, it isn't exactly focused on the film plane. I suspect there is an adjustment either of the ground glass position or the mirror stop, but I hesitate to fiddle with either without knowing if there's a "correct" way to do it.

In later Visoflex models there is potentially a shim (one of my Visoflexes has two shims while another has none) between the housing and the side of the ground glass facing the mirror. I can't speak to the earlier model, but I suspect that is a possibility.

• 1 year later...