Open Thread: Pictures of and with Visoflex lenses

DirkR440

On 14/1/2019 at 12:55, thomas_schertel said:

Leica I con Visoflex II y Noflexar 8/600:

Tuyo sinceramente

Thomas

Beautiful and imposing! ...

Could we see any photo taken with such an instrument?

Thank you..

Am 2.9.2019 um 14:14 schrieb Dopaco:

Beautiful and imposing! ...

Could we see any photo taken with such an instrument?

Thank you..

Here a two photos from today:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

These pictures are made with the same lens, Visoflex III and the M240.

Yours sincerely
Thomas

• Like 3

Para fotos de la naturaleza.
¿Cuál sería más operativo Visoflex con Tele o Digiscoiping?

Thank you

Edited by Dopaco
  • Like 1

OMG!! Retro-Visoflex a la Canon - will Leica sue?

https://petapixel.com/2019/09/06/canon-is-developing-a-mirrorless-to-dslr-converter-report/?fbclid=IwAR0dXl4i7Ebf-0svsZZFyLIc2SbHQPnxnUXRCicLwUF9nqS06rZOMP6hQyk

• Like 1

The Visoflex that I bought, when I look through the viewfinder, the object to be photographed looks little good, which makes it difficult to focus correctly.

- Can it be a defect of this visoflex (I bought it cheaply) or are they all the same or similar?

_ Is there a way to see better through the viewfinder? ...

Photos attached:

I try to photograph the image of the backlit bird with the Visoflex + Emarit 90mm f4 and M8.

What I see through the Visoflex viewer

• Like 1

You have a Visoflex III. The prism does not have an adjustable eye piece, which means that it cannot be easily adjusted for variations in the user’s eyesight. There were eyepiece adjustment lenses available but they are hard to find.

A better solution in my case is the Visoflex II and its prism. It has an adjustable eyepiece, which for me provides a clear image on the ground glass screen.

The Visoflex III body is quite nice, but the prism is not. The Visoflex II (or a IIa if you can find it) is still very nice, and with its adjustable prism it is the optimum choice IMO.

Edited by Michael Hiles
  • Like 1

Dopaco, you remind me of when I first wanted to use my old Visoflex III that I had with M8.

Not so easy to have good result from M8+Visoflex III+old lens head.

I replaced it's ground glass with one from Pentax LX that I had available, this "clear plastic with grain" glass is more modern and much clearer than the Visoflex III original glass.

At one point, I traced on the groundglass the format of the M8's sensor with a Sharpie to help framing.

I used dioptre correction from my Leicaflex SL compatible with Visoflex III.

• Like 2

Hace 22 horas, Michael Hiles dijo:

Tienes un Visoflex III. El prisma no tiene un ocular ajustable, lo que significa que no se puede ajustar fácilmente para variaciones en la vista del usuario. Teníamos lentes de ajuste del ocular disponible, pero son difíciles de encontrar.

Una mejor solución en mi caso es el Visoflex II y su prisma. Tiene un ocular ajustable, que para mí proporciona una imagen clara en la pantalla de vidrio esmerilado.

El cuerpo Visoflex III es bastante agradable, pero el prisma no lo es. El Visoflex II (o un IIa si puede encontrarlo) sigue siendo muy agradable, y con su prisma ajustable es la opción óptima de la OMI.

Creo que he leído que Visoflex II no se ajusta al M8.

Could this be worth it? ..:  https://www.grandesalmacenesboutiqueenlinea.xyz/cámaras-y-fotografía-c-955/accesorios-cámarasfotografía-c-955_956/otros-c-955_956_1046/intelectivo-visoflex-ii-iii-iia-prism-finder-leica-leitz-prisma-prismasbuscador-90-18k-p-43594.htm

Edited by Dopaco

1 hour ago, a.noctilux said:

No, with this prism for Visoflex II, you can not mount your M8.

While you can mount on the Visoflex III, the "step" under the prism will ot allow mounting the M8.

Thank you.
This page that I found in causation has very low prices, but I have the feeling that it can be a fraudulent page, so we must be very careful.
Has anyone bought on that page? ..

Could it be worth this way?..:

Flickr.

I like the challenges, but I think this one surpasses me, and the results, both in macro and in great distances, the photos that I see on the internet are not so good.

Edited by Dopaco
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Dopaco said:

Thank you all for the comments.

I must continue researching and testing.
regards

Have you tried taken pictures that focus before and/or after what Visoflex is showing you is in focus? The glass in the Visoflex could be misaligned, too low or too high. This is a well known problem med SLR also.

• Like 1

There are specially made metal shims for the Visoflex which adjust the height of  the ground glass for perfect focus. So when your Visoflex is not mounted on the camera, you can see sharp images in it when focusing, but when you take an actual photograph the images aren't in focus, your Visoflex probably needs to have a shim or two either added or removed. You can test this out by temporarily substituting a piece of ordinary printer paper cut into thin strips as shim substitutes. It is a bit of a pain to test, shoot, retest, but when you get it right you will be well rewarded.

• Like 1

If the glass/focusing screen is calibrated I find it easier (or as easy) to focus on than with an electronic viewfinder.

This is with M8 and Tele-Elmar 4,0/135:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1