Compatibility of the CL with a Metz 54 MZ-4i flash

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A friend of mine gave me this weekend a Metz 54 MZ-4i that he bought some time ago but never used.

The flash has two SCA adaptors:3202 and 3502.

I will like to know if I can use this flash in my CL with some of that adaptors. If it is not possible, what is the suitable SCA adaptor for my camera? Is it available now?

Many thanks in advance.

SCA 3502 should be fine. It is not hard to find SCA adapters anyway.

Many thanks for your advise!

Next weekend I will experiment with my CL and the flash. The problem is that it is a little bit bulky and heavy for travelling light. Perhaps in the future I will need another one like the smaller Leica SF40.

I never put my hands on the last one, so I can´t compare its size with the Metz because in my country there are no Leica sellers anymore.

As stated above you'll need the 3502-5, which is the latest of the adaptors. Then via M mode you need to enter GNC mode to get TTL on a digital. You won't have FEC.

Last time I tried this was with an M9. It worked but was a pain and I just shot it as a manual flash.

Gordon

This weekend I try the Metz 54 flash but I find it too heavy and big for occasional use, so I will sell it and go for the SF40.