CL instruction video?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Could someone recommend a link to a YouTube video that explains the use, set of of functions on the CL?  

Just got a CL, but there are so many things there, and so difficult to read the long booklet or the pdf of the "Instructions" ...   e.g. could not even find where to set the screen guide-lines (to make the 9-grids on the scree, just to name one...)

Would be nice to know where to have a video to be visually seeing the settings and changes that could be done! 

Thanks 

I do not even know what exactly the "FN" button used for... or how to set it?  And how to set it the better way?

If a video could have some instructional exploration of the functions will be nice, not just telling how good this CL is... 

I do not even know what exactly the "FN" button used for... or how to set it?  And how to set it the better way?

If a video could have some instructional exploration of the functions will be nice, not just telling how good this CL is... 

You don't need a video to find that out. All of the information you need to learn the camera, with very few exceptions, is right there in the Instruction Manual. Pages ~20 to ~27 in the instruction manual describe what the menus do, how the buttons work, how to navigate and assign functions to the buttons, etc. It should take you about three minutes to read them, and about a minute playing with the the controls afterwards will cement it in your memory. :)

The FN button is a fast way to get to one of eight specific menu functions easily ... by default, you press it briefly and it provides the selector on screen to turn on and configure the Self Timer. You can set which of its eight possible functions it will do by pressing and holding it for a moment; it then provides of list of functions you can set it to. I usually have it set to give me quick access to the Self Timer or to the Exposure Compensation control.

Note that this pattern of operation is the same as the two buttons in the wheels ... one brief press give you whatever the button is set to provide, a longer press either gives you a menu of other options you can elect for the button to do, or provides another function that is pre-programmed, instead of having to dive into the menu system to find each setting.

• Like 1

Could someone help to explain the setup of "Scene Mode" on the CL?

I tried both on the top right wheel, and the FN button, after selected the Scene Mode, there is no response at all, nothing showing up or to select for, or shows the "Scene Mode" has been selected, why?  It is okay when I select other items on that eight item list, they could show up, but just the "Scene Mode" is not working...

Appreciated your explanation and showing the possible steps?  Of the camera has a problem on this item? 

See page 46 in the English language version of the instruction manual, EXPOSURE CONTROL, and the subsequent section on Scene modes for a complete description of the use of the special scene mode exposure settings. Scene modes are inactive when not using a native lens; setting the FN button to elect scene modes when a non-native lens is fitted will elicit no action, and the Scene Modes option in the Main Menu is disabled, per the instruction manual. 

I don't own any native L-mount lenses so I cannot describe any further how to use scene modes. :)

I suspect they effect capture and image processing equally, and would apply to both JPEG and raw output files, but since I don't have an L-mount lens I can't experiment to observe the behavior directly. I've never used scene modes anyway, so have not spent any time thinking about them.

See page 46 in the English language version of the instruction manual, EXPOSURE CONTROL, and the subsequent section on Scene modes for a complete description of the use of the special scene mode exposure settings. Scene modes are inactive when not using a native lens; setting the FN button to elect scene modes when a non-native lens is fitted will elicit no action, and the Scene Modes option in the Main Menu is disabled, per the instruction manual. 

I don't own any native L-mount lenses so I cannot describe any further how to use scene modes. :)

Wah, does that really mean M lenses are not able to use Scene Mode, such as black/white on the CL... what a pity!   (yes, I only have M lenses to be used on the CL)