Bought an M10 earlier this week....

Advertisement (gone after registration)

.... and on the same day, I took an off-the-cuff photo of my daughter with my M8.2:

43435927962_7efada72bd_h.jpg

It is unique amongst the M series - it has a CCD sensor, and has a crop factor of 1.33x (or APS-H) which means you will be able to reach a little further with your lenses.  I find that it makes a great accompaniment to one of my other M cameras.

The M8 remains a fantastic camera and I will never sell it. 

• Like 10

• 2 years later...
On 7/21/2018 at 4:15 AM, Lax Jought said:

.... and on the same day, I took an off-the-cuff photo of my daughter with my M8.2:

It is unique amongst the M series - it has a CCD sensor, and has a crop factor of 1.33x (or APS-H) which means you will be able to reach a little further with your lenses.  I find that it makes a great accompaniment to one of my other M cameras.

That little girl is cuter than a bug's ear.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 10:59 AM, boojum said:

That little girl is cuter than a bug's ear.

I'd forgotten all about this thread!  That photo was taken 2 yrs ago. 

This was taken earlier this year:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Gee, I'm in the same boat.  I bought my M8.2 in 2009, and earlier this year bought an M10.  I'm no learning to get the most out of the M10, which I'm sure will help me get the most out of my M8.2 also.  M8 is a wonderful camera, and takes wonderful photographs.  You're obviously very capable - it's not the "arrow", it's the "Indian".  Congrats!

On 7/21/2018 at 4:15 AM, Lax Jought said:

I'm with you on the M8.2.  I've an M240 in addition but find the M8.2 a bit better for its images.  And your daughter is precious.  Cuter than a bug's ear.