How to remove M adapter from old Elmar?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've had best success in these situations with a piece of kitchen rubber drawer protector. In fact it works so well with cameras, that I've cut a smaller piece for use in the kitchen to remove screw on bottle caps which seem to have permanently affixed themselves to bottles or to break their original seals. Works much better than the rubber wrenches mentioned above.

I use a jar top remover sheet of very tacky plastic, sold in the UK by Lakeland. I have a number of these both in the UK and France, as I have very arthritic hands and jars are a real problem for me. If that fails, I have a small size rubber band type wrench, which has come in handy for removing front elements of Summars etc. Yesterday that enabled me to separate the two parts of my 200/f4.5 Telyt. 

Wilson

• Thanks 1

Congratulations to the OP for removing that.

I've suggested several times in other forums to use either original or high quality adapters and I always get many answers stating that "it's the same". We, Leica users, should already know that "nothing is the same" as the original Leica product and that quality is expensive.

I experienced something similar with a average adapter Nikon-Nex. Fortunatelly I was in the shop and I gave the adapter back with the Nikon lens to the shop man and told him: remove if you can (not my lens).

So, an adapter can lead to lens/body mount damaged. Doesn't it worth to go for a good one? For me yes, so I only use original LTM-M and for the A7 the Novoflex.

Best regards

1 hour ago, tranquilo67 said:

[...] I've suggested several times in other forums to use either original or high quality adapters and I always get many answers stating that "it's the same". We, Leica users, should already know that "nothing is the same" as the original Leica product and that quality is expensive. [...]

I've got the exact same issues with Leica adapters. Same problem, same solution: wearing or at lest using rubber shoe soles 😉.