Late night shoppers

mikozia

Advertisement (gone after registration)

crowding up the store front.

T w/Apo-Vario-Elmar-T 55-135 ASPH.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

Thank you abrewer, I tried but the shiny trash can on the right kept distracting if I upped the shadows, and yet I wanted to keep the last guy on the left to not cut off the group. I was tempted to name the topic "silhouettes". The person with red shirt kind of grabs the attention to lessen the annoying trash can, but prevents me from calling all "silhouettes".

I am taking a short break to hone my skills on Photoshop. Plus there is a phony French guy who kept on attacking my posts on a very personal level. I am getting a little tired of this. I did bring this issue with another Moderator, but it started again. I am just posting here to share the fun, but it's not fun anymore. :(

• Like 1

Thank you abrewer, I tried but the shiny trash can on the right kept distracting if I upped the shadows, and yet I wanted to keep the last guy on the left to not cut off the group. I was tempted to name the topic "silhouettes". The person with red shirt kind of grabs the attention to lessen the annoying trash can, but prevents me from calling all "silhouettes".

I am taking a short break to hone my skills on Photoshop. Plus there is a phony French guy who kept on attacking my posts on a very personal level. I am getting a little tired of this. I did bring this issue with another Moderator, but it started again. I am just posting here to share the fun, but it's not fun anymore. :(

Putting a photograph in the forum is to invite critique. As long as it does not get destructive or ad-hominem, (like the use of the word "phony", btw) it is all part of the game. It is a fact of life that some people will like your photographic style, others won't. Both are free to express their opinion.

Having said that, if you feel slighted or persecuted by a post, there is a report button at the bottom of the post window. Use that to alert the moderating team.

• Like 1

First time I looked at this photo I didn't appreciate very much it. But it was a mistake. Probably I was tired and didn't pay much attention...anyway something grab my attention and I came back fo a further look.

Now I gave a deeper look and have to say it's a good and interesting photo. Specially if you enlarge it to appreciate the details.

The red T shirt of the man on the right is accompanied by small traces of red here an there, like the lettering on the left side. As the brownish yellow jacket in the center and the fence on the bottom, the bluish reflections and the green leaves contrast the red/yellows in the photo making it more interesting.

It's just my view, but you did a good job here, please post more when you feel  to do it :-)

robert

Edited by robert blu

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Wow!....

I think you are talking about me, and I have to respond!... You are often posting  out of focus shots in a photography site, and as another member of this site, I have every right to express my views. What Jaap is saying is very true!

I did not say anything about this shot because it didn't meant anything to me.

But this is not the first time you are attacking a critic of your unfocused photography. You have done that before in other forums too. We are here to learn and to improve our photography which makes this site very different from Facebook or any other "Social Media".

I believe you owe me some apologies!.... But honestly, I really don't care. I am here for photography not for socializing!

By the way, I am a Frenchman! lol

Edited by Louis

OK everybody has had his/her say. Let's draw a line. 

In general, I do think there is too little (constructive) critique in the photo forums. After all, most if not all of us would like to learn - and to teach.

• Like 1