New CV Nokton 50/1.2

feelssadman

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ah, o.k., sorry for misunderstanding ;)

I wanted to say, that the new 1.2/50mm is a new, modern lens, while the 1.1/50 is a "classic" lens with a special look.

So they will not be comparable, like the Nokton classic 1.4/40 and the new Nokton 1.2/40 too.

No worries - understood. I'm a bit of a lens hoarder, so I'll probably get one of these 50/1.2 sooner or later anyway...

While 40 is obviously not 50, it isn’t so significantly different as a 35. Wondering how it will differentiate itself from the existing 1,1/50.

If you look at the relative sizes the 40mm is significantly lighter and smaller then the 35mm 1.2 and the up and coming 50mm 1.2.

It’s obviously a “sweet” design spot given its tremendous performance.

I agree that having a 35 and 40 feels duplicative. A 28mm paired with it makes more sense. On the other end a 90 feels good, but based on the fact that manh people have multiple lens of the same focal length I don’t think it’s beyond reason that many people will have every focal length possible in their M collection between 28 and 135 - which is quite common

Technical specs for 50mm f1.2 available on line

It’s bigger and heavier then 40mm

summilux specs:

Filter Thread 46mm

Dimensions 52.5mm (dia) x 53.5 mm (length)

Weight 11.8 oz / 335 g

VC 12g heavier at 347g; filter 52mm; size 63.3mm (dia) x 49mm (length) – wider but shallower!

Edited by microview

• 1 month later...

I got mine Friday. Was looking for a less expensive 50 (less than my Summilux) to travel along with the 28mm Elmarit. I might have wound up with a lens that is as good as my Summilux! Center is very, very sharp at 1.2 and bokeh balls, while slightly elongated, have no onion skin. Definitely a keeper!

BTW, I did a preorder, so mine was only $895.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to shoot much with the new lens, due to Florence. Here are some quick shots, all at 1.2 on the M10:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmiGWw2Q

• Like 6