Pentax Limiteds

kentishrev

If you want to use your Pentax lenses on an FF sensor then a used Sony a7II might be a good alternative . Not a Leica solution, I know, but a price worthy way to enjoy your glass.

I'll use the native Pentax K1 for FF - I find the Sony really uncomfortable to hold.  I've tried on the M9 too, but the lack of rangefinder coupling makes it pretty much impossible. :D 

Edit: I just checked eBay and there seem to be many of these 43/1.9 in LTM on the market these days.

Problem is, that would simply mean a different mount adapter. I’ll stick with the K to M way. But good to know they’re still out there - Pentax is sadly overlooked by current generation of photographers.

Problem is, that would simply mean a different mount adapter. I’ll stick with the K to M way. But good to know they’re still out there - Pentax is sadly overlooked by current generation of photographers.

But...the LTM adapted to M will be rangefinder coupled, something K>M lacks

• Like 2

But...the LTM adapted to M will be rangefinder coupled, something K>M lacks

Fair point.  I'll start another penny-savings jar......

Having looked on e-bay, I notice they actually switched the aperture and distance controls around for the LTM version, to match usual Leica positions, against the usual Pentax aperture then distance.  I guess that would have been a significant piece of re-engineering!

Edited by kentishrev

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Fair point.  I'll start another penny-savings jar......

Wouldn't you be able to use your Pentax glass on the CL? There must be an adapter for that... Or perhaps go K -> M -> CL?

Edit: sorry, I just noticed that this is the reply you already got from Jaap & others at the beginning of this thread...

Having looked on e-bay, I notice they actually switched the aperture and distance controls around for the LTM version, to match usual Leica positions, against the usual Pentax aperture then distance.  I guess that would have been a significant piece of re-engineering!

Interesting. Since I'm not a Pentax user, I didn't know that.

Maybe there was not that much re-engineering involved after all, which might (partially) explain why the LTM lens had to become significantly taller than the original K version?

Edited by Ecar
  • Like 1

Wouldn't you be able to use your Pentax glass on the CL? There must be an adapter for that... Or perhaps go K -> M -> CL?

Edit: sorry, I just noticed that this is the reply you already got from Jaap & others at the beginning of this thread...

I am using all 3 Amigos on the CL (KtoMtoL), and they work well.  But if I want to use with any accuracy on my M9 (or M6), I guess I'd need to buy the LTM version.  But not high on current wish list.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Am 18.7.2018 um 21:23 schrieb BlackDoc:

Novoflex Adapter Pentax -> Leica, that´s what  i am using .... even with the big 150-450 (!)

just FYI ....
SL works fine with the Novoflex adaptor  (here: with the 140-450mm at 450mm)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!