Leica M10-P coming soon?

sunnymoone

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have seen the new Leica M10-P. A close friend of mine is a Leica photographer and is testing it. 

Touch screen

built in EVF

Curved grip

larger battery

4k video

No more removable bottom plate

Better weather sealing

Oh wait. I'm sorry. I am confusing the M10-P with the SL. Whoops.

:D

Sheesh!, wasn't life so much simpler back in film days!.  :lol:

Wait 10 years between camera releases and then the most difficult choice was which film stock you'd shoot that day.

Focus .... back then you paid attention to get the shot and saw the result after development.

Now you can check ... if you doubt yourself.  :p

Advertisement (gone after registration)

No touch to focus on a manual lens with no electronics. Imagine that.
What a revelation.

Spirit levels are for amateurs.

Well I'm an amateur and proud of it, and I wanted a spirit level in my M10.

Anyhow, probably more amateurs than professionals use Leica cameras.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi i’m noob here

But from my opnion it will be better that leica design fewer button and compact. Honnestly probably many of us just using screen for checking the image. M-10 is the camera dedicated to take picture no video and many of us happy with it. What use of touch screen ? It will suffer battery life.

I think that the battery life suffers when the screen lights up, more than when you touch it, but I am no expert

I don't think touch screen makes a lot of a difference either way. I have it on the SL and almost forget it is there

What would be great would be a quieter shutter and spirit levels (not sure why they took them out in the first place for the 10)

It will have a new and advanced sensor. AFAIK. Like in the new Monochrom. But I don't know, what "advanced" means. Probably resolution. Hopefully Dynamik Range. Maybe both. It will be announced in the next few days, in advance of the Photokina. I am not sure, it will be called M10-P. Maybe a M11 already? Who knows?

Edited by Audemar

Sheesh!, wasn't life so much simpler back in film days!.  :lol:

Wait 10 years between camera releases and then the most difficult choice was which film stock you'd shoot that day.

Focus .... back then you paid attention to get the shot and saw the result after development.

Now you can check ... if you doubt yourself.  :p

Leica MP:  1956

Leica MP2: 1958

M4-2: 1977

M4-P: 1980

M6: 1986

M6TTL: 1998

M7: 2002

:p

According to the price jump that is reported one must assume that there is more in it than in the M10. The difference can not be justified by the touch screen. What could that additional be?

If history repeats, no dot, script on top, maybe different covering or top plate material, sapphire screen, etc. It doesn’t take much in Leica world to justify a price increase.

Jeff

Hm

If history repeats, no dot, script on top, maybe different covering or top plate material, sapphire screen, etc. It doesn’t take much in Leica world to justify a price increase.

Jeff

m, the customers will have to follow after all. I would then skip the P and wait for the 11. And tobuy a new model every 2 years is not what I would do anyway. The canon renewal times are after all 4 years at least. So are Nikon. A renewal every 2 years is not serious.

Jeff

The Wetzlar Park Edition would seem to suggest an MP version of the M10 isn’t far away. I can’t imagine why Leica wouldn’t follow the same track it has with the M9 and M(240) - there are quite a few people who just prefer the look of the MP versions, and the M(240)-P had an increased buffer.

It’s the other variants that will be interesting. We’ve had the limited edition and Zagato versions - now time for the production variants (Photokina is my expectation).

M11 is still a couple of years away, if Leica wants to extract maximum profit from the M10 platform.

Edited by IkarusJohn