sincurves

That’s it. Jesse uses the S for black and white. “More good things are happening” and “it’s good to be in the S system” all make sense now.

Correct. Add a sensor-module with weak/without ir-filter, and the IR-lovers among us will smile. At least until the bill is presented... But luckily, my two M8-bodies can then be sold to partially finance the S3.

Edited by helged
  • Like 1

At 28,000, it will still be cheap compared to a Phase One Medium Format.  So the really expensive MF camera niche is already occupied.  Still, the S lenses are extraordinarily expensive.

Are you seriously comparing S to P1? Let's not even do that. Leica S competitors are 645Z, GFX and X1D and not 150MP full frame MF. And I don't see how S lenses are better than P1 BR lenses. 

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

At 28,000, it will still be cheap compared to a Phase One Medium Format. So the really expensive MF camera niche is already occupied. Still, the S lenses are extraordinarily expensive.

I bought my H6D100c brand new for $23000 and the HC lenses are half the price of the S lenses :)

Neil

Full size images here http://neilsphotography.co.uk/pretty-girls-in-full-hd/

http://neilsphotography.co.uk/landscape-in-full-hd/

Edited by Guest

Well, there are 10, not double counting the focal lengths that come with and without shutter. I’m sure he’s not alone.

In any event, funny coming from Mr GAS himself. :)

Jeff

seriously I can't imagine why anyone would have or need more than 3 x S lenses.

I have 3 and only ever take 2 with me 70 plus 120........ Perfect for all my needs.

As for GAS......my new Trek Madone 7 SLR runs on peddle power so no gas needed :)

Neil

seriously I can't imagine why anyone would have or need more than 3 x S lenses.

I have 3 and only ever take 2 with me 70 plus 120........ Perfect for all my needs.

As for GAS......my new Trek Madone 7 SLR runs on peddle power so no gas needed :)

Neil

Need? This is the Leica forum.

On an old thread relating to number of M lenses owned, at least one person had over 70.

As far as GAS, I see what you’re trying to ‘peddle’ there.

How many lenses do you have from all systems combined?

Jeff

How many lenses do you have from all systems combined?

Jeff

3 x S

5 X M

2 X TL

4 X HC

3 x LF

5 X Nikon

3 x Huawei P20 pro :) :)

No more time for buying lenses ........bike parts and golf clubs are so much more exciting :)

Neil

9 lenses......are you serious??

Neil

Yes have all the focal lengths except the T/S lens .  One of the biggest advantages of the S product line are  the lenses .  Provide a very consistent aesthetic across all the focal lengths between 24-180 ... Three filter sizes 72/82/95  .  CS shutters in most focal lengths .  

How do I use them .....example 18 days of shooting on the west coast of Ireland .  Selected lenses 30/45/70/120/180 ..two S bodies all fits in a F-Stop Backpack/ICU system . Typical daily pack 30/45/120 and one body .  120 and 180 rotated depending on location .  one body and 70 ..back up system kept in room safe .  (and insured ).  

So its a 3 lens shooting kit with one body ..plus a 180 for special situations and a backup camera and lens .  

This worked perfectly in practice .  

• Like 1